Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

In need of Facial SPF HELP!

Hey all! I heading down to Florida this July to enjoy the many wonders that Disney has to offer... but I am in major need of SPF protection for my face that will last under makeup and not leave my face a melty mess with all the humidity etc! I am looking at a physical something to go on before the rest of my makeup... and then something (much like the new tarte powder) to use in order to re-apply throughout the day... Any ideas help!

Tags:

Re: In need of Facial SPF HELP!

Supergoop has some great products. Even spf tinted moisturizer and setting powder, and setting spray.

Hi @kenneykk! My favourite facial SPF is La Roche Posay Anthelios Ultra Fluid. LRP has a Canadian website you can order from, but you can also order online through SDM BeautyBoutique or find it in some SDM stores 🙂 I find it wears really well under my makeup, and doesn't bother my skin at all.

I absolutely love the Coola Sport White Tea facial sunscreen. I usually have oily, acne-prone skin and this sunscreen is SUPER lightweight and water resistant!

Does it wear well under makeup? Also... have you tried the coola spf setting spray?

@ChanceMorganwrote:

I absolutely love the Coola Sport White Tea facial sunscreen. I usually have oily, acne-prone skin and this sunscreen is SUPER lightweight and water resistant!

Try the Sun Safety value set on Sephora right now! That will give you a lot of options from high end brands to try out, plus a cute clutch 🙂 

https://www.sephora.com/product/sun-safety-kit-P429231?icid2=:p429231:product

Oh I wish! I saw and was going to buy..but alas.. not for sale in Canada

Elta MD has great non irritating SPFs. I live in Canada too and I get it from La Chambre des Dames or Amazon 

RE: In need of Facial SPF HELP!

Urban decay has a really nice primer with spf 30. I think it’s the urban defense one. It makes the makeup look really nice too

CLINIQUE Pep-Start Daily UV Protector Broad Spectrum SPF 50

Murad City Skin Age Defense Broad Spectrum SPF 50 PA++++

those two are fantastic physical sunscreens

but the BEST SUNSCREEN I HAVE EVER USED is the Glossier Invisible Shield

Hi!  I live just north of Fort Lauderdale and I wear Super Goop SPF under my Foundation almost every single day of the year!  It is fantastic.  Feels light and silky, and honestly in July I would stick with only the lightest of foundations or face tint over the sunscreen.  It is so hot and melts outside.  I would just embrace the glow and add a spritz of setting mist on top, like Tarte’s Rainforest 4-in-1 setting mist.  Awesome stuff!  But seriously, more than anything, please consider wearing a large brimmed hat!  In the end, nothing protects your skin in Florida sun better than shade!

RE: Re: In need of Facial SPF HELP!

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I can’t get super goop in Canada... 😞 but I will definitely take the advice on the lighter makeup! I was definitely hoping to stick to my usual routine... nars liquid and concealer but will definitely look at switching it up for the trip!! I guess a sample testing will be in order to see which my skin likes best!

Broward ftw 🙌

12 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing