cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

I need some education on face oils and recommendations

Hey BIC,

It seems like everywhere I turn, someone is talking about using a face oil and what they love. I have oily, acne-prone skin. What kinds of benefits would I see from a face oil and any suggestions on what to try? I don't have dry skin though which seems to be the main reason to use an oil. I've heard they can help balance oil production. But that's all I really know. I can read a ton of articles online, but I feel like folks here can help educate me on this and give me some guidance. I feel so uninformed, so please help! Thanks!

Re: I need some education on face oils and recommendations

@sprocketta  I also like to use oil before I use my gua sha it helps it glide across my skin. I’ve also used Biossance Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Firming Oil 1.01 oz / 30 mL which really helped even out my skin tone and gave my face a nice glow!! 

I have oily skin and it’s true if you moisturize, it keeps the oil at bay. I’ve tried oils and have found it’s just too heavy for me and I’ve tried a lot. Get minis or Oily skin kits that have travel sizes. Good Luck!

@sprocketta Yes you are correct. Oils are not just for people with dry skin. I love the ones from Leanne Grace because they are hand made and also have oils for different skin care concerns. Oils can be used for hydrating, toning, firming, acne, redness, brightening, etc

here are some that I love

Tatcha Gold Camellia Beauty Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL

Kiehl's Since 1851 Midnight Recovery Concentrate Moisturizing Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 ml

Kiehl's Since 1851 Daily Reviving Concentrate 1 oz/ 30 ml

tarte Maracuja Oil 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

The Ordinary 100% Organic Virgin Chia Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL

The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL

top, thx!

Thank you very much for the recommendations.

It's very helpful for me!

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 20 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing