Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

I'm new

Hello, I'm a new member and I wish some people could give me some tips to take care of my skin, I tried always eating vegetables and doing exercise but I have pimples. Hope someone could help me. Thanks! And nice to meet you!

Anonymous Insider

Re: I'm new

You should buy face scrubs then you can wear a face mask

You should not buy face scrubs.. face scrubs are not good for the skin and cause micro-tears and damage over time. You also can't just 'scrub' away acne, this will likely just cause more irritation and potentially make acne worse. You should use actual acne treatments or chemical exfoliants such as a bha (for example, a salicylic acid). @Anonymous @Hedalis 

Hey!

I also have dry skin and get pimples sometimes. I don't like products with unnecessary ingredients and perfumes because as you get older, your skin will become more sensitive. Same as when you're a kid you can eat mostly everything, but as you age you become intolerant to a lot of foods.  

I would recommend to start incorporating light AHA exfoliants such as mandelic acid or 5% lactic acid 2x a week. Get a good moisturizer, especially for the winter, not sure about your price range but you could try youth to the people or biossance omega repair or something from the inkey list, they have a lot and the price is good. You can also try oils, such as rosehip seed oil. 

Hope this helps 

The Ordinary Lactic Acid 5% + HA 1 oz/ 30 mL  The Ordinary Mandelic Acid 10% + HA 1 oz/ 30 mL  Biossance Squalane + Omega Repair Deep Hydration Moisturizer 1.69 oz / 50 mL Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL 

You already do good by eating well and exercising. Drinking enough water everyday and sleep well adds to it too.

What is your skin condition? Is it oily or dry?

Either way you need a good moisturizer and cleanser. 

If you have sensitive skin, avoid fragrance and harsh exfoliants.

If you have oily skin, avoid drying products, as it will make things worse, as oily means dehydrated skin; oil is being produced to compensate, so using drying products to stop the oil really doesnt help. 

Example: i have very sensitive/reactive combo skin. I get a pimple every now and then but not always. 

I use No.7 lift and luminate day cream, or sometimes Elf Hello Hydration, and other times The Ordinary AHA moistirizer, than at night the Elf Nourishing night cream.

To exfoliate i use Tatcha the Deep cleanse.

Those products do not make my skin react at all and feel really good.

These are products that works for my super sensitive skin, you could try one, but it doesnt mean it would work for you, but it might too.

Good luck 🙂

Thanks!

My skin is dry.

What skincare products are you currently using, @Hedalis? And what is your skin type?

I've never been using skin products, but now I care about my skin, and I need tips for that.

Since you're just starting out, @Hedalis, I'd recommend starting slowly and building up a base routine before you get too far into treatments. You'll want a good cleanser, moisturizer, and sunscreen to start. For cleansers, here are a few options: philosophy Purity Made Simple First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser 8 oz/ 237 mL Youth To The People Mini Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser 2 oz/ 59 mL. I lean more oily, so I'll let someone else with dry skin steer you with recommendations for moisturizer and sunscreen. Once you have those in place, you might consider adding in an exfoliator, a spot treatment, and maybe an oil cleanser. 

@Hedalis @Welcome to BIC!  Have you seen a dermatologist?

No. Because it is not a big deal, but it's only a few that I have... And I wish I could remove them... to have a soft skin. I already went to one, one year ago, but he said I was ok.

Have you tried an aesthetician? Might be worth going to a good and reputable one for a facial/other treatments as well as getting recommendations for products based on your skin type. Once I found the right one, it made all the difference! 

Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing