Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

I'm looking for a new sunscreen. HELP

Ok guys. I'm looking for a good sunscreen. I don't want anything too crazy. Also. I've never been exactly too sure what the process is..

I know its Serum first, then is it moisturizer next then sunscreen on top of the moisturizer?

I just got the Sunday Riley C.e.o moisturizer.

I also have the Belif Aqua bomb moisturizer. And I have a La Prairie Skin Caviar moisturizer I wear sometimes.  

But what is the best sunscreen that you guys love. 

Tell me what you like about it, from fragrance, to breathability, etc.

Thanks guys!

Anonymous Insider

Re: I'm looking for a new sunscreen. HELP

Drunk Elephant. I like it because its a physically sunscreen and it blocks. Why? It sits on my skin and blocks the UVA/UVB waves. Its formulated for my sensitive skin so there is no reaction to it (bumps, breakouts, stinging in my eyes which would limit my ability to wear contacts). Because it sits on my skin and protects immediately, I notice I don't get heat bumps which sucks. A little goes a long way, and its moisturizing so my pore are minimized. That's why I love this sun block. One draw back is my skin is dark so I get grayish tone but its temporary. I use a little  of the product and the gray cast goes away within 10-15 minutes. BTDubs, great choice on Belief Aqua Bomb. Love it. 

RE: I'm looking for a new sunscreen. HELP

I absolutely love SuperGoop Sunscreen Mouse. It’s super light and airy. You can combine it with moisturizer or use on its own. It does not feel heavy at all. I use it daily under my primer/foundation. I live in South Florida and the humidity will literally melt you makeup right off. This stuff holds up and does not feel heavy or sticky at all! It’s also water proof up to 80 minutes, so SCORE!!

Which sunscreen is this? The spray, stick, or something else?

Dermalogica Solar Defense Booster SPF 50 is a great addition to anyone’s SPF shelf. It can be worn alone as a traditional sunscreen or used as a “booster” to your moisturizer. Just a little squirt in your current moisturizer and voila!! One less step in your beauty regimen. An added bonus is the texture feels like a moisturizer so you never have that tacky sunscreen feeling. If your looking for something to wear poolside this summer you can’t go wrong with any SPF from Shiseido. Their Wet Force line is made specifically with the beach a pool in mind.

I'm looking for a new sunscreen. HELP

I'm a sunscreen junkie & Neogen's Day-Light SPF 50 is the most luxe I've tried. It's moderately moisturizing & use it as my mousturizer when I need to get out the door with the fewest steps. I'd describe the short-lived scent as nothing like sunscreen, but uplifting, like lemongrass and may chang/litsea cubeba with the faintest hint of spiced ginger. (Except for the may chang, those aren't actual ingredients, just what it smells like to me.) Def worth looking into or sampling

Murad makes a great one that I love. It doesn’t go on white, dries, doesn’t leave you oily and I wear it under makeup all the time. The bottle has lasted me a long time, the company is cruelty free, and the product also protects against pollution and harsh artificial lights as well. Also, Sephora has a sample pack for a bunch of different sunscreens right now for $36. I just grabbed one, it comes in a cute bag and has I think 16 different things to try! Check that out if you want something cheaper and you want to try different things before you purchase. Not everything in the bag is cruelty free though 😞

Are you looking for a moisturizer with SPF or a separate sunscreen altogether? I use and moisturizer with sunscreen protection in it. If you want a separate sunscreen I would use ANTHELIOS ULTRA LIGHT SPF 60 SUNSCREEN from La roche posay. It's very light and spreads so evenly. I use it from time to time I got it in my allure beauty box. It doesn't leave that white cast and absorbs so well, I love it
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing