Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

I have normal to dry/sensitive skin would you recommend the drunk elephant Lala retro or protini moisturizer?

Whoops I put my question as the title Edit: Thanks for all of your guys responses it really helps!

Re: I have normal to dry/sensitive skin would you recommend the drunk elephant Lala retro or protini moisturizer?

I also have dry/sensitive skin! I use drunk elephant's protini moisturizer with 1 pump of their marula oil day and night and it has done wonders for my dry, flaky cheeks! The protini is more of a gel-like consistency which is great for the summer time! Lala retro would be a great product for the winter time. Hope that helps!

Re: I have normal to dry/sensitive skin would you recommend the drunk elephant Lala retro or protini moisturizer?

I use both. I use Protini as my day moisture, and Lala as my night cream. But, I do bump both up with C-Firma and B-Hydra during the day, and at night, B-Hydra, a couple drops of Marula oil, and sometimes a few other oils I keep in my arsenal. 

I asked a similar question in store, with the intent to buy the Lala, but after talking with someone I went with the protini.  The lala does surface level hydration where as the protini goes deeper.  Hope this helps! 

RE: I have normal to dry/sensitive skin would you recommend the drunk elephant Lala retro or protini moisturizer?

I haven’t tried the Lala retro but I have tried the protini and I wasn’t hydrating enough for me.

@ellagrace05 If you are only using one moisturizer, I would go with Lala. I personally love Protini with a drop of Marula Oil for day, but on it's own it doesn't provide enough moisture for my dry skin. 

RE: I have normal to dry/sensitive skin would you recommend the drunk elephant Lala retro or protini moisturizer?

@ellagrace05 Hi! I have to say Protini. Lala is great, but Protini’s formula hydrates and does wonders for the appearance of my skin. I notice a difference when I don’t use it!

@ellagrace05 I've got dry, sensitive skin too and use both these moisturizers. They are both really wonderful. I find Lala to be much more intensive, so I use it primarily overnight. It's really effective at getting rid of dry patches. I use Protini every morning and it makes my skin look plump and hydrated. My makeup also looks fantastic on top of it. If you're torn between the two, I'd say it really comes down to how much moisturizing your skin needs. I also do not find that Lala makes a huge difference in the appearance of my skin compared to Protini. Basically, my skin looks drastically better after using Protini.
TLDR: Lala does not make a noticeable difference, but it is wonderful at moisturizing. 

Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing