Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

I am looking to start a skin care routine!

Hello everyone!!

I am almost 30 years old, with 2 small kids. I have been pretty neglectful to my skin, i want to start a new skin care routine. I am looking to see what steps everyone takes?

I have normal to dry skin. Specifically in the winter my t zone gets very dry, as i live in the north with minus 30 to 40 windchills, and in the summer its very hot somedays but also very very windy.  I just purchased a few products to use, and i am wanting to see if there's anything i should include.

My skin, feels uneven in texture, and in colour, to me looks dull, dark under eyes, as well as blackheads and pores, and of  course aging so wrinkles and fine lines are allll concerns ahaha

i have a face wash, exfoliating face wash, i have moisturizer, i have a face oil, and a face serum. 

i am using Kate sommervill daily face wash and intensive exfoliating wash

Tatcha Gold camilla face oil

Tarter deep sea collagen serum

and i have been bouncing between, tatcha water cream, kate sommervile glowing moisturizer, and the glam glow illuminating face cream.

i see some people have like 10 steps or more so i am curious to see what every one does !!

Thank you !

Tatcha The Water Cream Oil-Free Pore Minimizing Moisturizer 1.7 oz / 50 mL

Tatcha Gold Camellia Beauty Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL

TARTE - Rainforest of the Sea™ Deep Sea Collagen Super Serum

KATE SOMERVILLE - ExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment

Kate Somerville ExfoliKate™ Cleanser Daily Foaming Wash with AHA & Enzymes 4 oz/ 118 mL

Kate Somerville ExfoliKate™ Glow Moisturizer with AHA 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

GLAMGLOW - GLOWSTARTER™ Mega Illuminating Moisturizer

Re: I am looking to start a skin care routine!

Hi @Shannon8989, you’ve got a great assortment of products there!  Like you, I didn’t pay any attention to skincare for many years and when younger, it’s not too bad.  But i started to get a few acne scars and wanted to see if there was anything to help with it.

Exfoliant, such as acids and peels, really help with the acne scars and uneven texture that I think most ppl get as they age.  There are lots of exfoliating products, some gentle, some stronger.  Some of my faves: DRUNK ELEPHANT - T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Resurfacing Night Serum Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial™ AHA + BHA Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mLLANCER - The Method: Polish 

Drunk Elephant has some nice travel kits to try - sorry not able to tag the NightBright duo.

Re: I am looking to start a skin care routine!

@Shannon8989 I personally think you have a decent array of skincare products in your regimen! If you’re interested in anti-aging and getting rid of some discoloration, I suggest throwing some vitamin C (discoloration/hyperpigmentation) and retinol (anti-aging) into the mix. I loveThe Ordinary Granactive Retinoid* 2% Emulsion 1 oz/ 30 mL for retinol and I’ve heard OLEHENRIKSEN - Truth Serum®is great for vitamin C.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing