Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

I am in need of some new skin care products!!

I have dry sensative acne prone skin. I also have acne scars 😞

What are some good moisturizers, exfoliators, masks and cleansers you would recommend? 

I also am looking for an eye cream to fix my dark circles.

Hey! The first thing I notice here is the 'dry sensitive'...

Hey! The first thing I notice here is the 'dry sensitive'. That means your skin's barrier has been damaged so it would be best to take care of that first! Soooo sensitive skin is also usually dehydrated so I'd start with hydration. Get a hyaluronic acid and a hydrating spritz to use morning and night. I think a good moisturizer would be Dr Jart Ceramidin Liquid. Ceramides have lipids which will help strengthen the skin barrier. As your skin repairs itself, it'll naturally get better at handling acne and after fixing this you can use harsher products for acne if needed.

@Jocey813 oh and for acne scars vitamin c is the way to go

@Jocey813 oh and for acne scars vitamin c is the way to go

Re: I am in need of some new skin care products!!

@Jocey813

Moisturizer: CeraVe PM; I love it, and it is rec'd by MDs

Exfoliators: BHA is a must!  I only use Paula's Choice.  For scrubs, I like Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Facial Wash;  but Neutrogena makes some nice gentle ones

Cleansers: Liquid cleanser is essential

Eye cream: FAB Retinol Serum or Dr. Dennis Gross Triple Correction.

Good luck!

RE: I am in need of some new skin care products!!

Caudalie grape water and foam cleanser

I highly recommend the Boscia line of skincare. I've got acne prone sensitive skin that gets parched. If the wind blows funny I break out, but their line helps calm and moisturize my skin. I use their charcoal cleanser, their balancing facial tonic, their cool blue sake essence (on sale now), and their Tsubaki face oil as part of my daily skincare routine. Their masks...oh how I love these things! I've got all of their peel off masks. If you're only gonna get one of them I recommend their black charcoal mask. It looks like one of those masks that is all over social media however the bosica mask does not hurt to use like the other ones. If you need to a clarifying mud mask I recommend their charcoal pudding mask. I use it once or twice a week but if you're skin is dry don't use it often. Sephora often has the small pudding masks in their sephora favorites sets. If you need extra hydration there is also the Tsubaki hydrating sleeping mask.

If you're open to new skincare I'd suggest getting a few of the Sephora Favorites sets. I've discovered so many good products that way. I've also gotten to test drive a few things instead of buying a full size items.

@Jocey813  My son has done well with Goldfaden MD's line, specifically the Detox Mask and Wake Up Call moisturizer.  He uses those with Sunday Riley's Ceramic Slip cleanser.

I like the Ole Henricksen line

Recently I've been using the First Aid Beauty moisturizer at night and I'm loving it. I use the Clinique moisture surge in the morning because its lighter and feels better under foundation. There is a cheaper garnier dupe for the moisture surge. None of these have clogged my pores. Look into vitamin E and C oil for reducing dark marks!

http://www.sephora.com/ultra-repair-cream-intense-hydration-P248407?skuId=1217744&icid2=first_aid_be...

http://www.sephora.com/moisture-surge-extended-thirst-relief-P209117?skuId=1084821&icid2=clinique_lp...

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing