Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

I am combo/oily, large pores, and acne prone. What cleanser and exfoliator should I buy??

1. I have combo/oily skin, large pores, and I am very acne prone. I’m running out of my cleanser and my exfoliador, and i was wondering what I should buy. If you guys have any ideas please let me know.
Tags:

Re: I am combo/oily, large pores, and acne prone. What cleanser and exfoliator should I buy??

Biossance Tea Tree Cleanser is amazing, as well as Tatcha Deep Ceanse. I use both of these as they are the two that work best for the oiliness in my T-Zone as well as keeping my pores in check!

Re: I am combo/oily, large pores, and acne prone. What cleanser and exfoliator should I buy??

Double cleansing at night, after a full face of makeup is important, @sallyXidk . CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm Makeup Remover 3.8 oz/ 125 mLis amazing and I recently ordered Drunk Elephant Slaai™ Makeup-Melting Butter Cleanser. Second cleanse with Kate Somerville EradiKate™ Daily Cleanser with Sulfur Acne Treatment 4 oz/ 120 mLthen tone with tarte Knockout Tingle Treatment Toner 5 oz/ 150 mL. It’s an acid blend that will help minimize and clean out pores, exfoliate, brighten and help the overall tone of your skin. If you’re new to acids, start slow about 1-2 nights a week and build up from there. Moisturize with something light like Drunk Elephant Protini™ Polypeptide Firming Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mLand you’re good to go. Just remember to wear a stand alone SPF of 30 or higher every single day. Don’t depend on the SPF found in moisturizer and foundation. 

Remember not to use too many products that are geared towards acne and oily skin. It will dry your face out and make you more oily since a lot of them contain alcohol. Moisturize regularly and even use an oil at night in place of a moisturizer. Squalane is known to help balance oil production and sinks in beautifully without looking greasy. The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane 1 oz/ 30 mL

is a great, affordable option. 

I am combo/oily, large pores, and acne prone. What cleanser and exfoliator should I buy??

@sallyXidk I use Murad clarifying cleanser when I get breakouts

RE: I am combo/oily, large pores, and acne prone. What cleanser and exfoliator should I buy??

I second double cleansing! It changed my skin after 10+ years of acne. All those years of acne also left me with huge pores. I found that staying away from physical exfoliation helps. I switched to chemical/acid exfoliants and it’s help my pores look smoother. Something else to try is Skinfood’s peach sake line- it helps with sebum and has a light feel on your skin.

I also have combination skin. Double cleansing was game changer for me and I would recommend it. The oil cleansers melt all the gunk out of my pores, this helps them look smaller, and then the gel cleanser comes and cleans up what is left. I would defiantly recommend chemical exfoliation with AHA and BHA. AHA will remove surface cells, which helps with pore size, and BHA will sink into your pores and clean them out, helping with break outs. 

I'd recommend a gentle cleanser, @sallyXidk. Something like Philosophy's Purity or First Aid Beauty's facial cleanser. Exfoliators are trickier as that depends on so many things. What's the rest of your current skincare routine?

anything with salicylic acid in it . I like vishy , Paula's choice things . I have oily skin and large pores too , continuous use of products with salicylic acid in it improved my skin a lot .

Thank you so much! I will definitely look around!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing