Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

I NEED HELP!!!!!

What’s with my skin being like this?????? I’ve always had pretty good skin never got much acne /pimples and I’ve been doin the same thing - Infact taking care of my skin even more now! Any suggestions or same stories?! 971EDE49-BE0F-4BF8-AD9E-31B448CCAEBB.jpeg

Anonymous Insider

Re: I NEED HELP!!!!!

Hi there! I came across your post and I know it’s been since May but I was wondering if your acne has cleared up? I have been an RN for over 16 years and also recommend, Pharmacist Ben Fuchs. He is absolutely brilliant and I follow him on Facebook &  Watch him on YouTube and also read everything he’s written. With that said, I also came across a FABULOUS site: Simple Skincare Science. This awesome writer/blogger has struggles with fungal acne, (aka Melassezia). He  also has over 1000+  Products he recommends that can be used when you have struggles with this type of acne. If you have read about fungal acne it is extremely difficult to get rid of and once it is gone on your face or body you can return very quickly, so prevention is everything. Please, if you have a chance I would love to hear from you- I have struggled myself and never ever had acne issues,  but not only did I get it on my face I had it on my arms and legs and it puzzled so many doctors- No one could figure it out!!  After I read the blog from Simple Skincare Science  I went to my primary doctor & she gave me oral antifungal (Diflucon) & a topical antifungal cream (Nystatin) & it cleared up!  I am very curious to see if your struggles are similar to mine.

How long did it go take for your fungal acne to clear up

RE: Re: I NEED HELP!!!!!

I was about to say fungal acne as well!!! Also highly recommend the post on the simple skincare science blog about fungal acne. Sooooo much information and so many affordable products

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about your breakout. Thankfully though, it will pass. If you're now taking better care of your skin than before, it could be a purge that will pass soon. If you haven't done anything different and if it isn't stress or hormone related, it could be a digestive issue developing. Acne issues can very often be solved by dealing with digestion. It may be helpful to track your food and your breakouts, watching for patterns. Digestive enzymes and probiotics (the right ones for you) really help these things, but we all still need to only eat food that agrees with us - or else we will be breaking out. Pharmacist Ben Fuchs has a podcast (and some youtube vids) about breakouts and foods, and he is brilliant. Highly recommend if you want more info from a pro. Dr. Ben Johnson has some good youtube videos out there about it, too. I'm sure many other do, too. I hope this helps! 🙂 

Similar thing happened to me this past week. I have oily skin and tend to break out with new products. I’ve been trying the Loreal Glotion- it’s like one day I looked and my face was a mess. Tiny red pimples everywhere. I trashed the products and am now rehabbing my face. It doesn’t happen often but when it does, it’s so distressing. 

Similar thing happened to me this past week. I have oily skin and tend to break out with new products. I’ve been trying the Loreal Glotion- it’s like one day I looked and my face was a mess. Tiny red pimples everywhere. I trashed the products and am now rehabbing my face. It doesn’t happen often but when it does, it’s so distressing. 

RE: I NEED HELP!!!!!

This looks like it could be malassezia folliculitis, aka fungal acne. If you’ve had any drastic changes in diet, skincare, or lifestyle, that could be the reason for the flare up. If it is, I would suggest going back to basics and using a VERY SIMPLE skin care routine. Use a very gentle cleanser and no frills moisturizer such as the Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser and Cerave moisturizing cream - both available at the drugstore. Hopefully it clears up soon!

I NEED HELP!!!!!

@maryanab123 If taking care of your skin more included some amp up or change in your routine, that could be the culprit! Look into folliculitis and fungal acne to see if those fit. If your regular skin balance or flora got wiped out (e.g. via extra washing, extra acids), your skin could be overreacting. Or some product could be clogging your pores. -- Did you alter any part of your makeup or skincare? I had similar congestion happen when I thought I was treating my skin by switching to clean foundations. It didn't end up liking the coconut oil in them.

Hi @maryanab123 !

You might try something with lactic acid, or other AHAs. I love Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One AHA Lactic Acid Treatment 1.7 oz / 50 ml

Just be warned that using products with AHAs makes your skin more sensitive to the sun, so you need to wear sunscreen everyday.

Heya! My acne flares up every so often and it can be a couple of reasons. The most prominent reason for me is stress; I'm am college student with three jobs who's just about to move out for the first time. Every so often my stress flares up and it throws me hormones totally out of wack and causes nasty flare ups like that. The second is traveling/changes in the water. Harder/harsher water throws my skin's balance off and makes me super oily/prone to acne. The third is, weirdly, hair products. If I change a shampoo, conditioner, product, spray, anything that could be on my hair as it brushes against my face/neck throughout the day I am 90% likely to break out where any contact is made. I'm sorry you're fighting this and I sympathize so hard. One of my favorite products for helping my acne are the Lush cosmetics fresh face masks and the Burt's Bees acne spot treatment serum. They usually help really quickly!! Also, anything with charcoal, kaolin clay, tea tree oil, or witch hazels are my best friend in times like these.

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
Photos1
  • 971EDE49-BE0F-4BF8-AD9E-31B448CCAEBB.jpeg
testing