Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

I NEED A LOT OF HELP

I need help creating a routine, I am also I am open to any suggestions!!

my current skin is a dry combination mix and a fair complexion. I have cystic acne, and receive topical cream and cleanser from the dermatologist, but it hasn’t done the trick. 
In the morning I wash my face with what the dermatologist gave me, Sodium Sulfacetamide 9.8%. Then I put in Fab Aid Ultra Repair Cream. And that’s it! 

At night I use the same cleanser as I did in the morning. Followed by Drunk Elephant TLC Framboos Glycolic Night Serum. And then the Fab Aid again. And finally Aklief, trifarotene cream on acne. Then done. I would really be grateful for any suggestions on how to improve my skin and skin care routine. Sorry for the big rant, thanks for listening!!

Re: I NEED A LOT OF HELP

@dani156435  Cystic acne is so difficult to treat.  My son had, and still occasionally, suffers from it.  He seems to break out in it when, among other reasons, he takes vitamin B supplements, so we stopped that.

He did get some improvement from a prescription topical antifungal solution, ( maybe clotrimazole but I honestly can't remember its name.)

We use the First Aid Beauty cream for dry skin on our bodies, but I suspect that maybe it's too rich for your face. 

I don't know how these products will mix with your prescriptions, so please check with your doctor, but here are a few products we used that helped my son, although his skin got used to some of them and then he had to switch between them:

1. Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip French Green Clay Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL - I'm sure there are other cleanser that are also gentle, but this worked for him.

2. First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads with Glycolic + Lactic Acids  

3. Dr. Brandt Skincare microdermabrasion age defying exfoliator - used once weekly

4. Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One AHA Lactic Acid Treatment - This was a real winner for him.

5. Biossance Squalane + Probiotic Gel Moisturizer - This is a very calming gel moisturizer.  My other son's skin was dry, red, and itchy, and he used this one night and it was much better the next morning.  I was really impressed; the redness went away overnight.

Re: I NEED A LOT OF HELP

Thank you so much! I will be sure to try those products out!!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing