Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Hyperpigmentation around mouth ??

I’m a darker skin tone & have had terrible hyperpigmentation around my mouth for YEARS. I tried a bleaching cream and it lightened everything on my face but the hyperpigmentation (making it more noticeable) it looks like I have a mustache and I won’t leave my house because I’m too insecure, does anyone know of any products to help? I’m desperate! 

Re: Hyperpigmentation around mouth ??

Hey, so first of all the insecurities that you think everyone sees are usually invisible to everyone else. I know it’s easier said than done but don’t let this limit you because I’m sure most people probably don’t even notice.

That being said I know you want this gone so here is what I would recommend. I’m a darker girl as well who has also dealt with this problem. I would recommend using niacinamide (has helped me so much and the ordinary has a great one), Vitamin C (I like the Vichy liftactiv one), and sunscreen. Bleaching your skin makes it really sensitive to the sun which probably made the hyperpigmentation darker. You need a sunscreen to make sure it doesn’t get any darker and to protect you from skin cancer and aging in the future. I also would recommend trying dermaplaning as that has helped some with hyperpigmentation.

You can also see a dermatologist and get a prescription for hydroquinone which will lighten the area. You could also ask for a chemical peel which will help as well.

I hope that this helps!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing