Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

How to tell if an essence is working?

Like how do you know when an essence is working? I have a small sample size of the AMOREPACIFIC - Vintage Single Extract Essence. I've only been using it for a few days but I don't know how to notice a difference and how the essence is working on my skin.

I do know that it has helped the rest of my skincare sink in better, as essences are supposed to do. Tonight I finished my Tatcha Water Cream, and literally the time it took for me to move from my bathroom to get in bed, my face was like almost dry and my skincare wasn't wet on my face anymore. I was a bit shook as I was feeling my skin lol.

But as far as SEEING how it is working on my skin, how do I notice it?

Tags:

Re: How to tell if an essence is working?

@SnugglePuggle94 Here's the review from beautypedia (3/5 stars):

Spoiler

AmorePacific’s Vintage Single Extract Essence isn’t a bad product, but it also doesn’t give skin nearly enough of what it needs to combat the signs of aging, like it claims to.

Housed in an elegant (and weighty) frosted glass bottle, it’s important to note that it’s best to store this essence out of direct light. That’s because light can impact the effectiveness of its antioxidants, which is the primary hook of this product.

This fragrance-free liquid is light brown, like steeped tea, and incredibly lightweight. It sinks into skin immediately, leaving it feeling refreshed and looking rejuvenated.

The star ingredient is green tea, which has plenty of admirable properties for fighting signs of aging although it’s hardly unique to this product. Because it’s fermented, the green tea also has prebiotic benefits. But just to be clear, prebiotics have nothing to do with a skin “pre-tox” because skin doesn’t detoxify.

The reason this doesn’t rate higher is that for the price, you should be getting so much more than just one beneficial ingredient. Green tea delivers impressive antioxidant and soothing benefits, but it’s a complement of great ingredients, not just one, that do skin the most good!

PROS:
  • Green tea has antioxidant and skin-soothing benefits.
  • Lightweight essence leaves skin feeling refreshed and looking rejuvenated.
  • Fragrance free.
CONS:
  • One-note product that doesn’t offer skin any benefits aside from those of green tea.
  • Must be stored out of direct light.
  • Pricey for what you (don’t) get

RE: Re: How to tell if an essence is working?

Huh I’m a bit intrigued by that review. I agree that it should have more than just green tea, but I’m on the line cause I like Amorepacific products. Would it be a good investment or should I go to another essence like Tatcha?

Re: How to tell if an essence is working?

You'll likely feel the difference long before you can see a difference. Took about ten days for me to start seriously noticing a difference after incorporating an essence into my routine. Like you, the first thing I noticed was that the essence improved the application of the rest of my skin care products. Later I noticed that my skin texture was smoother and that my pores were visibly tighter. 

How to tell if an essence is working?

it takes at least 8 to 12 weeks to see any changes in your skin from using a product . of course if main purpose of the product is to moisturize you can see it next day but for other things it takes time .Some products say use for 4 weeks to see changes ( skin cells turnover ) but it also depends on purpose of the product. if you dont have anymajor skin issues probably couple of months. also I dont know how oldare you but main targets of amorepacific are skin texture and elasticity so if you dont bothered by any of those things it could be onlypreventive care for you and changes will be barely noticeable even after months of use . I was first thinking you are talking about sk 2 but same goes for both in terms of how long it takes. I'm now trying missha essence dupe for sk 2 and it's been a month - so far no changes . i also have sample of amorepacific and sk 2 they are next in line .
4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing