Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

How to start a skin routine?

I really want to start a good skin routine but I don’t know how.

I have dry skin and tend to get acne around the hair line. My skin is pretty sensitive. If it’s not something I can do every night in the same way it’s not happening, in other words routine is required. I have a pretty tight budget but I don’t mind spending if it’s really worth it. I live in Alberta Canada which means dry cold winters. I have dark circles under my eyes but that I think has a lot to do with my sleep routine. My lips are almost always chapped.
I have no idea where to start but if anyone has any must have products or ways to get a routine going I would be oh so thankful! Anything is appreciated!

Re: How to start a skin routine?

If you’re starting a skincare routine I would definitely get the basics.

• Cleanser

• Treatment

• Moisturize

• SPF (Day Time)

For your cleanser based on the Information you provided, I would look into or try out the Dr.Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Pore Perfecting Cleansing Gel. It’s a 4 in one (Cleanser, Exfoliator, Toner & Makeup Remover). It’s nice because it’s soap and sulfate free which means it’s not going to strip the natural oils of your skin. It’s got an ingredient called snow ear mushroom which is like a humectant for your skin. It draws and bins moisture which is great for the cold/dry winter months in Alberta.

For serum I would definitely do a hyaluronic acid just to keep it simple and truly I live by the Dr.Dennis Gross Hyuronic Marine Booster or the First Aid Beauty Hydrating serum! Then for moisturizer, the dr Dennis gross Hyaluronic Marine Moisture Cushion is 🙌🏼

For SPF, my ride or die right now that I think you would love is the First Aid Beauty SPF. It’s mineral based and tinted but very very sheer. So it gives off this no makeup makeup look with a nice glow to it! 🙂

You can keep your skincare routine very similar by using a basic gentle cleanser that can be used day and night, a moisturizer with SPF in the morning (yes even in cold dark canada spf is needed!) and moisturizer with retinol for night. As for the acne, you may want to incorporate a toner or spot treatment. Some drugstore brands I recommend include cetaphil cleanser and olay retinol night cream. Lipcare I recommend splurging on — the lenegie lip sleeping mask paired with a SUGAR lip balm is a must! 

Thanks so much! I’ll have to be on the look out for those!

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing