Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

How to get rid of withe heads?

Hi Girls, I have a skin problem, I have white heads, I read that is a kind of acne issue I tried products for acne but not results, what you can recommend?

Re: How to get rid of withe heads?

Hi Cynthia 🙂

I don't know if this is the same issue as I was having, but I was just getting the surface whiteheads that you can almost scratch off and they were driving me nuts (not real "pimples" with a white head that are deeper). I would wakeup in the morning sometimes with five new ones and they were stubborn! Even if I used an extractor and then cleaned my face and let them heal up before applying makeup, the same thing would just happen the next day.

I found it ended up having a lot to do with stress and my diet (I know thats an annoying answer sometimes). Dairy had a huge role to play for me, once I cut it out they decreased significantly. The other thing I found was that they got worse when I was using drying products on my face. It was like my face was over producing oil to make up for the dryness and it was making them pop up overnight. I find that creams before bed made it worse and oils work better for me. I am using the Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury  Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL and it does not aggravate the whitehead problem. I also find that regularly using an acid exfoliator like Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Universal Daily Peel Pads 30 Treatments + 5 Bonus helped a lot so that the dead skin doesn't get trapped in my pores. 

I hope this helps. I still get them once in a while and I always make sure to have an extractor handy, I know Sephora brand sells one, as well as Q-tips and rubbing alcohol. If they are little baby ones, a q-tip with rubbing alcohol can sometimes make them disappear, but if they are larger then I extract them first and clean with the rubbing alcohol. I know putting rubbing alcohol on your face sounds scary but it will not hurt your skin if you just keep it contained on that spot and this way your sterilizing what is essentially an open wound.

@cynthiaanahi Hi there! Add my vote for the Ole Henriksen oil control products that @swilks24 mentioned. 

Sephora has a nice combo set of the key products of this series that is a good value. It includes the toner @swilks24 mentioned, plus a cleanser and moisturizer: OLEHENRIKSEN - Balance It All™ Essentials Set

I also really like Murad Rapid Relief Acne Spot Treatment 0.5 oz/ 15 mL for treating flare-ups.  It wipes pimples out quickly! 

RE: How to get rid of withe heads?

I’ve had that issue for a while and I started using ole henriksen balancing force oil control toner and it has seriously helped me with my white heads. I don’t have oily skin and it doesn’t dry me out at all. The glam glow super mud is a really good spot treatment too.

Paula's Choice BHA works great for me to keep my face clear of white heads and black heads. 

@cynthiaanahi For spot treatment, a benzoyl peroxide product is good. Clean & Clear Persa-gel is indicated.

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos1
testing