Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

How many serums is to many serums on your face

I am looking at adding a serum, theres two i am looking at but they both have things the other doesnt so i am trying to determin if its okay to use both, or only one? alternate? ect they both have all my skin concerns in they list.

Tatcha Violet-C Brightening Serum 20% Vitamin C + 10% AHA 1 oz/ 30 mL

and the

VOLITION BEAUTY - Strawberry-C Brightening Serum

Re: How many serums is to many serums on your face

@Shannon8989 one thing to consider is that the Tatcha also has 10% AHA so depending on your skin, that might be too much exfoliation for daily use. I'm not a huge fan of the citrus juices in the Tatcha either since they can increase sensitivity to the sun so I'd definitely use that one at night and SPF in the morning. If you were attracted to the exfoliation of the Tatcha, you could always get the Volition serum and pick up a serum dedicated to exfoliation like the 

FARMACY - HONEYMOON GLOW AHA Resurfacing Night Serum with Hydrating Honey + Gentle Flower Acids

didnt really realize that, i am glad i decided to ask for comparison on the products

I am trying to decide between the 2, they are both targetting simalar things but also have one or 2 different things then the other

I absolutely love vitamin c serums.  They are great for the skin.  Its totally fine to use multiple serums on your face.  As long as your face reacts well to it, you can use as many serums as you want.  Make sure to always use the Tatchas Violet C serum at night only.  The owner goes into great detail that the serum works best at night because your body is at a higher temperature when you are asleep.  This allows for the best results possible with the serum to really change your skin.  It is also a MUST with the violet c serum to wear sunscreen.  It makes your skin more vulernable to the sun because it overturns your skin cell replacement rate so you have nicer looking skin.  So I would use Tatcha at night and the other serum during the day since they are both vitamin C serums.  If you want to layer serums, I suggest getting serums that have different purposes to layer on eachother.  However, it is fine to use the other serum twice a day and tatchas only at night.

@Shannon8989 If you do choose both I would either alternate them or use the Volition in the morning and Tatcha in the evening. 

@Shannon8989 it depends on your skin. I use multiple serums including the Tatcha one at night. 

You can really use as many different serums as you want (and that your skin can handle), @Shannon8989. But with that said, the two you mentioned are really targeting the same issue so I might choose one of those rather than do both. Or as was suggested below, you could alternate use of them in your routine. 

@Shannon8989 You could alternate but since these are super similar I would just choose one because I think having 2 Vitamin C serums is redundant

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing