Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Skincare Aware

How long do you take to shower?

So there's lots of articles saying things like, oh, you should not stay in the shower for more than 10-15min. I don't understand how you can wash everything in 10-15min cuz, honestly, skincare alone take ~10min, so does the hair, and the body (5 min to rub things on 5 min to rinse things off thoroughly). I'm physically incapable of taking less than 30min shower unless I skip washing something (and usually it's 40min). How long does it take for you to shower? Any time saving tips? o.O

Re: How long do you take to shower?

Usually between 15-20 minutes, most of it being hair washing and lingering for warmth.  Gotta make sure absolutely ALL of the shampoo and conditioner are rinsed out, otherwise I look like a greaseball >.>

Um right? Washing my hair, skin care, body wash, and whatnot. Takes me about 20-30 minutes to shower. 

I can do everything,  including shaving,  in 15 minutes. I wash my hair first thing,  then apply conditioner and clip it on top of my head. Then I wash my face and body,  with the soap that's left over from my body wash I shave, rinse everything,  done. 

When I have to shower and wash my hair I try to hop in and wet my hair as fast as possible, shampoo then rinse, I then slap on conditioner and let that sink in and work itself into my hair while I then can move on to soap and shaving (if needed). I'll keep my face wash handy so I can wash my face in the shower, plus it gives more time for the conditioner to linger.

Then it's the rinse off, I can be in and our if it's only a shower.

I take about 15 minutes on average.  That's to shampoo, condition (shave while alowing it to penetrate) and of course wash up.

I don't do my skin care in the shower (with the exception of rinsing off a mask after I get in).  I always do skincare prior to showering and since you can turn off the faucet in your sink between scrubbing and rinsing it's a great way to conserve some water.

To save time I've also switched from a regular razor to the kind with the solid cream surrounding the blade (like Venus Olay).

I take my showers at night. Just can't climb into the sheets without feeling 100% clean. Having shaved legs in newly washed sheets is one of the best feelings on Earth! Although if I'm styling my hair in waves or loose curls I like morning showers best plus it wakes me up! (thanks to the slammer body wash by Lush). Takes about 10 minutes each time in the shower to wash, shampoo, condition. Add a couple minutes more when I shave. A good shower head that is environmentally friendly will conserve water by using less pressure. I'm not gonna lie, I like my water pressure pretty hard though.

Yessss! Fresh shaven legs on new sheets IS the best!!!!!

I like baths, so 20-45 minutes lol. I have to wash my hair, wash my face, put in conditioner or mask and let it sit for awhile, shave, scrub from head to toe with a poof and body wash...

takes time to get purrty ya know.

Oh i alwasy take forever!! 30 min is my norm. I can't rush it lol. 

Yes! Lol, all the 30min ladies, raise your hand!

Shampoo/rinse take the longest since I always want to rinse thoroughly, facial scrub/cleanser take the next longest. The main problem for me is I have no concept of time, I'm like "ok, let's make it quick! Hurry, ...done......mmmmm....feels good....................hurry............................almost done..........done! Wait, what? that was 30min?"

I always say "I'm going to take a quick shower" to my fiance... and he rolls his eyes. I’m typically around 15 min since I have really long hair (touches down to my bottom) and it’s pretty thick, so it takes me a while to make sure all the shampoo/conditioner is rinsed out. ( I also shower at night time since I try to avoid heat treating my hair too much and it’ll dry overnight). Once I have the conditioner in, I clip my hair up and shave/wash my body while my conditioner sets. I save washing my face for last since I don’t want any of the residues from my hair products dripping down. I’m very guilty with taking forever putting lotion on after I shower....

It usually takes me between 10-20 minutes. I started only washing my hair every other day, so body showers only take me 10 mins. Sometimes I take a more pampering shower, including shaving, body scrubs, hair masks, etc. and that can take 30 minutes. I admit I take a long time after I get out before I'm "done"

lol. if my hair is washed i can take a shower in 10 mins. i only use the clarisonic at night. now, if i have to wash my hair then its 20mins and 30 on the weekend. Smiley Happy

I would say it probably takes me about 15 minutes or so. I'll shampoo & condition first, and then leave the conditioner in my hair while I wash my face/body and shave, then rinse it all off. The only time I can take a super quick shower is if I'm skipping shaving my legs (which won't be happening so often now that it's getting warmer out), because that tends to be probably the most time consuming part of my beauty routine. On weekends, or if I have a weeknight to myself I'll sometimes treat myself to a bath, which usually ends up involving face masks and other pampering treatments.

i usally just shave while my hair is conditioning. I can take a 20min shower but its a mirical (or i forgot something) if its less than that!

Wow, I'm the outlier here.

During the week, 5 min in the morning.  If I need to shave, I'll take a bath that evening.  (Easier for glasses wearers anyhow).

In the weekend, I'll linger maybe 10 minutes tops.

@starletta. woah, that's impressive. Do you have short hair, cuz that alone takes me 10min at least. Lol, spill your efficiency secret. =P

@beautytester Nope, my hair is just past my shoulders.

My efficiency secret is an alarm clock ringing at 4:30AM. Smiley Happy At that time of the morning, even a few extra minutes of sleep is worth it.

I don't deep condition, and I don't shave my legs daily.  Before I get into the shower, I wash my face.  In the shower, it's shampoo-conditioner- body wash while letting conditioner sit on my hair- then rinse off conditioner.  It really only takes like 30 seconds to shampoo and rinse- so I leave my conditioner on at least three minutes every morning...

I'm exactly the same, Starletta! 

The only time I take a shower is at night.   Usually it takes from 15-20 min, less if I'm skipping hair shower =]

15-20 if washing hair 2-3 times a week max!, 5 min for everyday. 

I never wash my face in the shower (it's too hot and my hair gets in the way). I never did understand why people wash their face & brush their teeth in the shower, it's wasting way too much water.

I exfoliate on days I wash my hair with a body scrub, and shave only when it's needed (I use a razor with the shaving/moisture strips, so I don't waste time with shaving cream). My hair is thick & long so it takes a good 4-5 minutes to get all the shampoo out. 

My guilt pleasure is hot showers, I know it's bad. I also started to wash sparingly. They say you only need to wash under arms, under breasts, privates & behind the knees. Besides I use a creamy body wash that lathers nicely and ends up all over me anyways. 

usually takes me about 15- 20 minuets...30 if I shave haha Smiley Happy I love to relax and wind down at the end of the day at thats a great way to do so. Bubble baths are still my fav though!! Putting a little few drops of some philosophy the bath tub and letting the bubbles just grow and grow and then sitting in them...its like heaven!! 

I usually take 15 minutes in the shower if I don't wash my hair. I wash it every other day. I think there's a difference between 15 minutes in the shower and 20-30 minutes in the bathroom. When I come out of the shower, I have to slather on my lotion and eye cream and so on. I actually don't think you can take a 40 minute shower unless it's a bubble bath. If you are taking a shower, that would be wasting a lot of running water. Anyway, that's my two cents on the subject. My gas bill is like less than $20 for two people on average. On another note, my guy friend told me he takes half an hour in the shower. Yeah...now that's weird.

Hmmm... I wonder what he's doing in there LOL! 

88 Replies