Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

How do you shop for products?

Hey Skincare peeps - I am currently working on switching careers to UX Design and, in order to do that, I need to create a portfolio. I thought my first project to tackle that I'd find interesting would be skincare related, and I'm gathering data. Because I can't post non-Sephora URLs here, I figured maybe I could create a "survey" within the text here. 

1. How many skincare products do you use? (1-2, 3+, none - I shower and go currently)
  2. How often do you try new products yearly? (Once or twice, three+ times, I like what I have and stick with it!)
  3. What do you find to be most important when evaluating products? (Brand, Price, Ingredients, Skincare Concern, Retailer, Reviews)
  4. Where do you shop? (Sephora, Amazon, Ulta, Jolse, Department Store, Other?)

Thanks in advance! 

Tags:

RE: How do you shop for products?

1. 3+ 2. 3+ 3. Reviews, ingredients 4. Sephora, Ulta

Re: How do you shop for products?

@MissAnneMarie

1- 3+

2- 3+

3- reviews, price, and ingredients

4- Sephora, Ulta, YesStyle

3+. 3+ Skincare concern, ability to get samples, reviews Sephora, Neiman Marcus

@MissAnneMarie  Good luck with your project!

1. How many skincare products do you use? (1-2, 3+, none - I shower and go currently): 3+
  2. How often do you try new products yearly? (Once or twice, three+ times, I like what I have and stick with it!): 3+
  3. What do you find to be most important when evaluating products? (Brand, Price, Ingredients, Skincare Concern, Retailer, Reviews): Skincare concern
  4. Where do you shop? (Sephora, Amazon, Ulta, Jolse, Department Store, Other?): Sephora, Ulta, Department Store (Nordstrom)

thank you!! why do you stop at so many different places?

thank you!! why do you stop at so many different places?

@MissAnneMarie 

1. 3+

2. 3+

3. Reviews, brands, price. 

4. Sephora, Ulta, QVC, Macy’s, Nords, Target

thank you for your response, @alexasteph! where do you fi...

thank you for your response, @alexasteph! where do you find most of your reviews?

Re: thank you for your response, @alexasteph! where do you fi...

@MissAnneMarie If I’m seriously considering a product, I’ll read them from anywhere that sells the product and determine for myself if the reviews are legit. I also look for reviews and testimonials on BIC. If it’s a casual consideration I’ll take a look at a couple recent ones then check it out in store. I almost always consult Temptalia for cosmetics, but skin care is different of course.  

3+,3+, concern, Sephora

Thank you for your response, @gillian321

Thank you for your response, @gillian321

1: 3+

2: 3+

3: ingredients/skincare concerns

4: Sephora/Shoppers Drug Mart

@MissAnneMarie

@spacellama, thank you for your response! what do you loo...

@SpaceLlama, thank you for your response! what do you look for in regards to ingredients?

Re: @spacellama, thank you for your response! what do you loo...

@MissAnneMarie I mostly look for alcohol free products since those dry out my skin and silicone free products since they clog my pores up more easily. 😬 Otherwise, I tend to like products with hyaluronic acid, AHAs and BHAs. 

@MissAnneMarie

1: 3+

2: 3+

3: Ingredients 

4: Mostly Sephora, sometimes Ulta and Nordstrom.

@faeriegirl, thank you for replying! What makes you shop...

@faeriegirl, thank you for replying! What makes you shop at different places?

Re: @faeriegirl, thank you for replying! What makes you shop...

Sales and coupons @MissAnneMarie

@MissAnneMarie

1. 3+

2. 3+

3. Ingredients

4. Sephora

@GG84

Awesome, thank you! Is there any particular reason why you only shop at Sephora? Selection? (Full disclosure - I do most of my shopping here too!)

@MissAnneMarie Because I'm in Canada and my options are limited also because my career is consuming and I dont have time to hunt deals down. Sephora it is! 

Oh! Good points, @GG84! Thank you again for your input. 🙂 

Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 18 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing