Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Hot vacation skincare

Hi all, I need help with a summer skin care routine. Especially for a hot beach vacation. What skincare is important to bring. ( lots of my current skincare is brightening— caudalie essence and serum... this is probably not good during summers is it? I know I’ll need wash, toner, moisturizer and spf—- which day and night serums should I add? Thanks all.

RE: Hot vacation skincare

Hi! You may already know this but you probably want to avoid retinols and even gentle exfoliating acids like glycolic if you’re going to be out in the sun. Someone else mentioned oil, and another great one is First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Dry Oil. It absorbs quickly and has oat in it too which is super soothing! Also rose spray is a great choice during the day as it will he’ll keep you refreshed and sooth your skin - just be sure you’re reapplying sunscreen occasionally as well! Lastly, a moisturizing serum is great at night - I like Kiehls Midnight Recovery! Enjoy your vacation!

Hi @cchristinaM ! I love DD Gross’ mineral SPF, it is really light. I like to use it for reapplication. If you are going to go swimming, you may want to look into a facial oil to apply after you get out of the water. I think it’s a good alternative to an actual moisturizer! I am using the Ordinary’s Rose Hip these days. Hope this helps.

Thanks! When you say reapplication to you mean you use a different one then this after?

Hot vacation skincare

if you're going to be more sweaty/oily during the day check out the ole Henriksen find your balance (green) kit. it has a travel size toner, matte moisturizer, and cleanser. also best to stick with gel products which will absorb quicker and won't rub off like a cream would. try belif or laneige

Thanks!!
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing