Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Holy grail serum for dry skin in their 30s?

Looking to purchase a serum that is worth it! I’ve tried several but wanting recommendations during the sale. I have dry skin and want something that helps with anti aging/wrinkles and hydration. Thought about trying a retinol but also trying to get pregnant (and I know you cannot use once pregnant) so maybe others? I’ve also used some vitamin C serums in the past and have the biossance rose oil/ vitamin c serum at night but looking for a good every day one. Open to any and all suggestions. Thanks!!

Tags:

Re: Holy grail serum for dry skin in their 30s?

When addressing dryness and/or dehydration, you should make sure your skin barrier is super healthy. Incorporating ceramides usually does the trick. I love the Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin™ Liquid 5.07 oz/ 150 mL that you can use as a first layer, then if you are using any other actives, add those on, then your moisturizer. Dr jart also has a number of other items in the ceramidin line, including a face cream. You may also want to add on a heavier face cream, you can just use at night if it bugs during the day. If your skin is really dry, try a pea sized amount of good ole vaseline all over face and neck as the last step (even after regular moisturizer) to lock in all the moisture. 

I’m just about to finish my bottle of the YTTP serum and I was sadly disappointed. I have sensitive dry skin and I wasn’t impressed. I was pretty bummed. It wasn’t bad, by any means, it just didn’t wow me…especially for the price. I’d look into the ordinary serum options. They’re good for dry, sensitive skin as well. 

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing