Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Holy Grails

What are your HOLY GRAIL skincare products you cannot live without?

RE: Holy Grails

BIOSSANCE VITAMIN C ROSE OIL

Re: Holy Grails

I was looking at some more products that I enjoy and pick up on a regular basis. They fall into the holy grail category but not the top tier level.  Meaning if I run out I’m not in a mad panic but will replace them as a soon as I can afford too lol.  Except for the first one which I replace immediately - because it’s instant eye fix.  People use too much of it and don’t wipe away properly and think it clumps up and leaves a residue.  If you use a tiny bit and once absorbed dab away with a damp cloth there is no residue.  I do use skincare products that are not sold at Sephora too.  

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx® Eye Temporary Eye Tightener 1 oz

CAUDALIE - Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet

Origins Mini Drink Up™ Intensive Overnight Hydrating Mask with Avocado & Swiss Glacier Water 1 oz/ 30 mL

tarte Maracuja Oil 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

Holy Grails

I love Tatcha's essence and their silk cream. I also like Dermalogica's brightening serum

I love the Tatcha line.  In fact I just ran out of the rice polish 😟 lol 

Love the La La ❤️ I do like some of the Dr. Dennis Gross products.  Their vitamin C spray mist especially.  

@Tazzaloo here are mine

Origins frothy face wash and I add the Origins Ginzeng scrub 3 times a week, Tatcha/SK II Essence, Fresh Rose Hydration Toner, Caudalie Beauty Elixir, Leanne Grace Beauty oil for day and The ordinary Rose Hip Oil at night, Kiehls daily concentrate for day and midnight recovery concentrate at night, Drunk Elephant Vitamin C serum for day, J.One Firming serum, Tatcha overnight concentrate at night, Tatcha eye cream , Tatcha renewal cream at night and Fresh Rose Deep Hydration cream for day (I like to mix Coola SPF drops into the moisturizer for extra sun protection).  I also like Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen.  To seal in everything and to add more hydration I like adding Youth To the People Glow Oil.  

Keihl is on my list of products to try ❤️ @SportyGirly125 

For my mostly dry combo skin: 

1. Sunscreen. My current favorite is SUPERGOOP! - Unseen Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40 but I also love COOLA - Mineral Face SPF 30 - Matte Tint and COOLA Sun Silk Face Sunscreen Drops with SPF 30 and Hyaluronic Acid 1 oz / 30 mL

2. Eye serum. Specifically, DR. DENNIS GROSS SKINCARE - Ferulic + Retinol Triple Correction Eye Serum which has removed sun-damage darkness from my undereyes and continues to firm up that crepey skin. 

3. Non-drying cleanser. I’m loving Paula’s Choice Clear Pore Normalizing Cleanser and PC Hydralight cleanser. Thanks to these 2 products, I can wash my face twice a day with no bad reaction of flaky scaly dry patches. 

4. Chemical exfoliant. My face loves FIRST AID BEAUTY - FAB Skin Lab Resurfacing Liquid 10% AHA several nights a week. I like to use a Paula’s Choice BHA exfoliating gel as a spot treatment. And I just recently tried Paula’s Choice Clear Regular Strength Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution (what a long product name for a BHA exfoliant) and I’m surprised my dry zones can handle it—though I can only use it once or twice a week. 

5. Hydrating/moisturizing treatments. I love e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence as a toner/essence combo. It especially helps my dry zones on the nights I use the Paula’s Choice Clear BHA solution. I’m also a big fan of THE ORDINARY - Buffet for its hyaluronic acid and peptides boost. And my skin will greatly appreciate Paula’s Choice Hyaluronic Acid Booster this winter. 

6. Moisturizers that don’t gunk up my oily zone. My entire face loves Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 mL day and night. My eyelids and undereyes also love e.l.f. Nourishing Facial Oil. This winter, I’ll try replacing my usual daytime frigid cold moisturizer (Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL ) with my YTTP Superfood Moisturizer layered with Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Oil with Squalane and Antioxidants 1 oz / 30 ml

Great products @WinglessOne 👍 I tried the youth to the people and it was good as well as the la la too.  I would like to try the ordinary and pretty much anything from First Aid is good.  Their facial scrub for sensitive skin is great.  Just wished it smelled yummy lol.  

@2manyperfumes  Lala is the only Drunk Elephant product my skin tolerates. 😂 All others I’ve tried were either ineffective or caused bad reactions. I can’t use Lala year round because my oily zone hates it in hot or warm weather. But it’s great in the winter. 

The Ordinary is definitely worth a try. I can’t vouch for all their products. But at least a TO dud is less financially painful than a DE dud. 

I agree @WinglessOne 🥰 I switch around my products depending on the season because some work great in the winter and horrible in the summer.  Only my rice polish, essence water and bum bum cream are year round. Lol I also have brands that Korean like my snail cream, my Loreal pure sugar scrub and some organic brands from Australia that I use often.  

@Tazzaloo I love tarte Mini Knockout Tingle Treatment Toner 1.7 oz/ 50 mLBOSCIA - Exfoliating Peel GelTHE ORDINARY - buffetFarmacy Dew It All Total Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mLCAUDALIE - Vinoperfect Brightening Glycolic EssenceYouth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 2 oz / 59 mlSAND & SKY - Australian Pink Clay Porefining Face MaskFIRST AID BEAUTY - Hello FAB Coconut Water Cream

And Paula's choice acne cleanser and treatment

I’ve used a few Famacy products @lmaster and love them including the honey glow mask.  No reaction to it.  Love caudilie serum and sorbet moisturizer.  I’ve also tried their expensive body scrub that smells so good.  Excellent but I can’t continue to spend that much on body scrub.  I have a local beauty brand that makes the most amazing coffee body scrub and moisturizing shower product.  Its only $15 and I love it.  

@2manyperfumes which local brand makes the coffee scrub and shower product???!! 

Captivating Bath and Body and they have a website, on Facebook and Instagram.  They have an address 24 Kent St. (Lindsey).  @l8totheparty ❤️

I think they are called captivating beauty and they sell their body lotions and bath products up in Lindsey, Fenelon Falls and Bobcaygeon.  They are on Instagram.  I will see if I can find them and post. That coffee scrub OMG it’s like fresh brewed Coffee house delicious.  @l8totheparty ❤️

Hmm....I wonder if they'd ship across Canada? @2manyperfumes 

They might ship to other parts of Ontario and/or Canada.  I think they have DM on their site for inquiries @l8totheparty ❤️.  

@2manyperfumes I'm all in,, if it smells like coffee 😂

29 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 29 replies
  • 71 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing