Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Hi there I’m trying to shop for my moms Mother’s Day gift and she is on her late 40s. She started to be concerned about her wrinkles. Help!

Anti aging

Hi there I’m trying to shop for my moms Mother’s Day gift and she is on her late 40s. She started to be concerned about her wrinkles. Help!

Oh, gosh, I'm having a panic attack on your behalf!! I don't know what her current routine is or your budget, but time is of the essence, so here are some ideas: getting her a single product is a big risk unless you know exactly what she wants, so I like to introduce people to options through gift sets. These stuck out when I looked through skincare>gift sets: Sunday Riley's Power Couple, Perricone's Jet Set, Philosophy's Ultimate Age-Defying set, and if she doesn't have at least a good quality moisturizer, the Sephora Favorites Haute Hydrators. There are also a few different Biossance sets, but I didn't look at which if any have a retinol product. The other problem is time. If you're talking about this Sunday, as in two days from now, Sephora will not get to you in time, especially as shipments are delayed from the big spring sale they just had. I got an email from Ulta earlier saying that some or all of their stores are offering curbside pickup, so that's an option. They will have a completely different selection of brands and sets. Another option is to give her a subscription to a service like Curology that will custom formulate a prescription product for her (basically Retin-A plus whatever else they think she needs based on photos of her skin and questions she answers) and send her the product ready to go. I use Curology, I love it, they cleared my adult acne and I love getting to message a dermatologist any time I have a question. But if you don't want to do that, I would recommend the Ulta curbside pickup and get her a retinol product and maybe an AHA and/or vitamin c serum. That's what really addresses wrinkles, and remember that both Neutrogena and ROC have very good retinol products. Ulta also carries The Ordinary, so don't count them out. And if you need to throw in a hardcore cream, First Aid Beauty's intensive whatever cream starts very cheap for a two ounce mini, which is huge. You can even do a whole routine if you use The Ordinary for acid and retinol. Get her a sunscreen if she doesn't have one. Then teaching her how to use the products will be a fun bonding project you can enjoy together, and don't let her start all the stuff at once. But if she already has a routine and just needs anti-aging stuff, find her a nice retinol and an AHA. You can totally do this!! Take a deep breath, look at what she currently uses, figure out what to add, and set your budget. Pick some products, and figure out the rest together. Having fun with you really will be the best gift!!

Oooh! I just checked Ulta's site, and they have most of t...

Oooh! I just checked Ulta's site, and they have most of the sets I mentioned, plus other good ones from Strivectin and No7! You totally got this!!

Re: Hi there I’m trying to shop for my moms Mother’s Day gift and she is on her late 40s. She started to be concerned about her wrinkles. Hel

@SahiraBravo1 

There are some great gift sets, I’ll tag some: 

CAUDALIE - Vinosource SOS Intense Hydration Set

CAUDALIE - Vinoperfect Brightening Solution Set

TATCHA - Bestsellers Set

Algenist Pure GENIUS Collection Kit

Re: Hi there I’m trying to shop for my moms Mother’s Day gift and she is on her late 40s. She started to be concerned about her wrinkles. Hel

@SahiraBravo1  my mom loves a good moisturizer for mother's day. Some great moisturizers with anti-aging benefits are Alpyn Beauty Melt Moisturizer with Bakuchiol and Squalane 1.7 oz/ 50 mL, Glow Recipe Avocado Melt Retinol Sleeping Face Mask 2.3 oz/ 70 mL, and Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Retinoid Night Oil 1.18 oz/ 35 mL. The glow recipe or alpyn beauty would be the gentlest, but all are really night use products. Make sure she's wearing sunscreen in the daytime too 😉

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing