Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Hi!! Newbie here!

So I’m new here and I honestly hate to say this, but new to skin care.  I’m a 39.5 year old mom of twin boys that turn 18 in July, and thankfully I’ve been blessed with some good genes because people are always amazed to learn I have kids that old (they always think I’m mid twenties at max!). 

At any rate, I have sensitive skin with mild to worsening rosacea as I get older.  Traditional sunscreen burns so I’m not proud to say that I don’t wear it daily, but as I’m extra pale I avoid the sun anyway - I burn, blister, peel, and return to pale.  There is no tan in my past, present or future.

I started getting the Hello sample bag in January and got the newest one last week.  I have found Dr. Jart+ Cica Rescue Kit - the serum really does help calm down my rosacea and the color correcting cream covers 95% of my redness to the extent I don’t even need foundation.  I’ve literally gotten away just using a setting powder over it on days when I used the moisturizer too as it had a bit too much shine for me.  This month I discovered OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright Eye Crème 0.5 oz/ 15 mL that made my under eye circles vanish.

I’m still looking for other products to add to my routine.  Even though I have aged well so far, the fine lines and wrinkles are starting to show.  I’m also trying to find a cleanser that plays well with my face, as well as eye make up that doesn’t cause my eyelids to get puffy (yes, that’s a thing evidently).  Right now I’ve backed off the make up and I’m just focusing on skin care.

Any and all tips for additions to a barely there routine for aging, dry skin with rosacea, under eye circles, and the beginnings of fine lines and wrinkles would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Amber

Conversation Stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 1 Contributors
testing