Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Hey beauties!! I need a new face oil for dry skin :)

I just used up my Tarte maracuja oil sample and was looking to buy the big size because it didn’t break my out and moisturized well.... but... then I thought it might be fun to switch things up! I got a sample of Kora Noni Glow face oil awhile ago and tried it. I wanted to love it but I’m weird about scents. It legit smells like pickle juice to me! While I love pickles, putting something that smells like pickles on my face made me want to gag. Wondering if anyone has a holy grail face oil? Go-To Hero Oil caught my eye but I’m unsure! Any help would be awesome! I have dry skin and to make matters worse I live in the harshly cold state of MN. Thank you ladies and gents!

Re: Hey beauties!! I need a new face oil for dry skin :)

@NikCharm I think CLINIQUE - Clinique Smart Treatment Oilis under-rated 🙂

I live in Chicago and it gets super cold and super windy here. I have sensitive skin with random dryness and redness during the winter so I understand. I am a face oil fanatic and I swear by a few different oils for different results. 

FARSÁLI - Rose Gold Elixir – 24k Gold Infused Beauty Oil

this oil is my holy grail. you can use it any time of day for just about anything. I use it all over my face at night to lock in all the other products included in my face routine. I like to mix it with FARSÁLI - Volcanic Elixir Polynesian Beauty Oil ($39) as well. 

I use it on my lips too, it makes them baby soft. I often apply it to my foundation as well to make it more moisturizing. the smell isn't amazing but it isn't too off-putting. it retails for $22 or $54 depending what size you get. I initially got my first bottle on farsali.com because they have a 10% off coupon for new users.

MILANI Prep + Soothe Camellia Face Oil - ulta.com $13.99

this oil is awesome and affordable. I just recently got it but I love it so far. I use it in my morning skincare routine/before makeup application. It combats redness and hydrates the skin. It also has a nice herbal tea like scent. 

MILANI Prep + Brighten Rose Face Oil - ulta.com $13.99

I love to mix this oil with the Milani camellia face oil every morning. I use a few drops of each and pat into the face as the last step to my routine. This oil is great for prepping the face before applying your makeup and it evens your skin tone. I always apply my face oil at least 30 minutes before I do my makeup so that it has a chance to settle in. This face oil has a pleasant rose smell. 

BEAUTY BAKERIE Wake & Bake Hydrating Face Oil - beautybakerie.com $28

If I'm not using my Milani oils, I use this oil as part of my morning skin care routine. Its super moisturizing and smells like citrus. It feels a little thick for a little after application and the dropper is tiny and only picks up a couple drops of product but I can get over that because its benefits make it worth it. you also get 10% off your first order on the companies site. 

hope this helps! 🙂 

RE: Re: Hey beauties!! I need a new face oil for dry skin :)

Thank you for including the scents in your facial oil suggestions! I am so weird about smells and that was helpful!

I have really dry skin and my hands down favourite is the Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury  Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL. It sinks into my skin beautifully, feels light and Hydrating. I love how nourishing it is and that it’s made ethically. I’m also happy that it didn’t break me out, it was just the boost that my skin needed. Remember that you can ask for samples of some of these suggestions to see what works for you, good luck @NikCharm !

Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Oil with Squalane and Antioxidants 1 oz / 30 ml

LOVE this product

@NikCharm wrote:
I just used up my Tarte maracuja oil sample and was looking to buy the big size because it didn’t break my out and moisturized well.... but... then I thought it might be fun to switch things up! I got a sample of Kora Noni Glow face oil awhile ago and tried it. I wanted to love it but I’m weird about scents. It legit smells like pickle juice to me! While I love pickles, putting something that smells like pickles on my face made me want to gag. Wondering if anyone has a holy grail face oil? Go-To Hero Oil caught my eye but I’m unsure! Any help would be awesome! I have dry skin and to make matters worse I live in the harshly cold state of MN. Thank you ladies and gents!

@NikCharm

Here are my picks:

Facial Oils-Maracuja Oil, Anastasia Beverly Hills Hydrating Oil, Leanne Grace Miracle Beauty Oil and Serum, Leanne Grace Nourishing Oil, Oribe Golden Face Oil, Tatcha Beauty Oil, Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate and Glow Oil, The Ordinary Rose Hip Oil, Kiehl's Daily Reviving Concentrate and Kiehl's  Midnight Recovery Concentrate

These all work on my combo/dry skin.

Hey beauties!! I need a new face oil for dry skin :)

I too have very dry skin. I really like Korres Wild Rose Vitamin C Active brightening oil. I used it primarily in my night time skin care routine before bed and it moisturized very well!

@NikCharm My Holy Grail would be Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury  Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL. It’s simple, soaks into the skin beautifully and keeps your skin ridiculously hydrated and plump. I used to be oily/dehydrated and use this at night or when I feel my skin getting dry patches from the AC being on 24/7 in the hot So Cal weather. 

RE: Hey beauties!! I need a new face oil for dry skin :)

Tarte’s Maracuja Oil is a great one for sure! My sister is obsessed with it after I gifted her a bottle haha! But there are definitely choices out there . First there’s always the original queen of the face oil Josie Maran Argan Oil , this was legit the oil that launched this category into the stratosphere ! Still one of my fave go to face oils as it’s super effective at hydrating and balancing skins natural oil levels. Now she has it in a whipped version for face an one for body as well an these are awesome! A great option . Also Ole Henrikson -pure truth youth activating oil uses Rosehip oil to seriously hydrate the skin and restore a gorgeous glow ! This oil will also leave your skin so soft it’s wonderful!! And finally Milk Makeup Hydrating Oil Stick is a super cool product , it’s a great hydrating Oil in a solid stick form!!! So application is soooooo easy , you simply sweep over area and massage in. I always have this in my professional makeup kit because it works great and is portable and easy to apply on the go without mess. It can also be tapped on cheeks over makeup for a highlighter glow effect !! Hope this helps! Happy oil shopping ☺️☺️🌟🌟

@NikCharm Ha, pickle juice on your face! Say no more!

I'm a huge fan of face oils and have so so many, they just seem to multiply like bunnies in my cabinet. That being said, my surprise favorite, especially in the winter is the BIOSSANCE - Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Oil. I had gotten a sample direct from the site (which I highly recommend you do, you only pay $5 for shipping and get a choice of three different sets) and fell in love. I bought the full size during a holiday sale and it's perfect for New England winters layered with my other moisturizers. It absorbs quite quickly, so no greasy feeling at all for me, especially if I lightly mist my hands or face before massaging in. Tends to be a daytime oil for me as I prefer more active oils at night. 

I'm also a fan of the Caudalie Vine[activ] Overnight Detox Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL and Pai Rosehip, although those are not necessarily hydrating/moisturizing specifically, but work great with my combo/dry skin. Kiehl's Since 1851 Midnight Recovery Concentrate Moisturizing Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 mlte falls in this same category of face oils as well and is another favorite of mine (they make a day time version in a yellow bottle that I've used samples of before and liked as well).

For a more affordable face oil, the Acure Organics line has a lovely Argan Oil that I used for awhile before diving into more expensive face oils. It's a good base for my Odacite serums, if you're into tailoring your actives for specific concerns.

@NikCharm

I do like the tarte Maracuja Oil 1.7 oz/ 50 mL however if you want some other options, JOSIE MARAN - 100 percent Pure Argan Oil is very popular in the BIC community and so is fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil 1.6 oz/ 50 mL.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 25 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
testing