Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Help! ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

So I recently had a skin infection on my face and have been put on antibiotics for it. It started off as getting a pimple here and there (I normally don't breakout) and then a rash that's turned into an infection now  decided to join my pimples. For the time being I'm just using water on my face, the infection has made my skin become itchy and slight tingly/burning feeling, has anyone had this happen to them? Would love some skincare suggestions and such once my skin heals, I'm so scared to use anything on my face now

Re: Help! ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

@MCXOXO   If youโ€™ve already been prescribed antibiotics for it and are under medical care regarding it, the best thing to do is go back to your prescribing doctor so they can take the next step in deciphering what it can be.  You may need a swab done and taken to a lab to determine the cause of the infection.  

Help! ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

Oh, gosh, try to get a dermatologist to take a look at it, even if you have to do it over the phone. There are lots of things that could be happening, including allergic reaction, demodex infestation, or a fungal infection that antibiotics made worse. Depending on what's going on, otherwise great products could totally backfire and make things worse! In the meantime, the safest products might be the most basic of the anti-cleans, something like Aquaphor or Vaseline, but nobody on here is really qualified to suggest anything without knowing what's going on. And I don't believe there are any dermatologists secretly cruising the group looking to do their job for free. Even safe stuff like zinc is going to come in a cream with ingredients that might make things worse. I know it's hard to get to a doctor right now, but dermatologists shouldn't be too overbusy. Good luck!

Re: Help! ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

I think once your skin heals you should use very little products. I would stick with a micellar water or toner like the IT Cosmetics Miracle Water Micellar Cleanser 8.5 oz/ 250 mL, Caudalie Vinoclean Cleansing Micellar Water 3.38 oz/ 100 mL, or LANEIGE Fresh Calming Toner followed by a light moisturizer like SEPHORA COLLECTION - Nourishing Moisturizer - Hydrate & Repair

Hope this helps!

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing