Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Help!

I am 51 years old and trying to get myself on a skincare routine but it is so confusing because there are so many different products, knowing when to use each product can also be a little confusing, at least to me. My main concerns are the dark circles and puffiness underneath my eyes, the crows feet and fine lines. I'm at a total loss. I can't spend a fortune on products but I want to find products that are good for my skin and that work. Suggestions and/or advice are welcome. Thank you.

Re: Help!

@tanimnot 

Good advice here already.

I'm 57, with dry sensitive skin, huge purple crescents under my eyes and since I hit 50, puffiness as well. Puffiness & circles can be helped some by sleeping on your back at a slight incline, so that proper drainage occurs, and also, cut down on salt, sugar, alcohol & fluids within 4 hours of bedtime. These can cause inflammation and puffiness. 

As @lmaster says, a targeted serum is good for dealing with the primary issue. Along with a gentle hydrating cleanser, like First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser or the very nice Clean & Clear Morning Burst Hydrating cleanser (it's clear bluish green) at Target and drugstores. Then a good cream you can use night, day & on your eyes, and you're set.

I like fresh Vitamin C Glow Moisturizer 1.69 oz / 50 ml , or Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream, neither of which are super cheap but do last for months and can be smoothed over your eyes as well, removing the need for eye cream; for about half that cost though, I love the organic Doctor Rose Otto Cream which you can get on Amazon or at Vitamin World, in store or online (and you can use it on eyes as well). There are several different creams from this nice Cruelty Free brand, all at around $21  or less for a for a good jar that lasts 2 1/2 to 3 months. Their face wash is creamy and nice too. 

Re: Help!

Are you specifically looking for products to use around your eyes? @tanimnot if so you could start off with NuFACE FIX® Serum 0.5 oz / 15 mL under the eye and the corners where your fine lines are,, you can also use this product on your forehead, lip lines or anywhere else you want to plump, then apply SEPHORA COLLECTION Brightening Eye Cream – Hydrate & Depuff 0.67oz/ 20mL after the serum has absorbed a couple minutes

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing