Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Help with when to start using Retinol?!

I am 27 & I am confused on if I should be using a Retinol serum/creme.. I am currently using the Ole Henriksen night gel which I heard you cannot mix with Retinol because of the Glycolic Acid?? Please help!! 

Re: Help with when to start using Retinol?!

@Eri90 That's a common misconception. I've actually been told that by cast members at Sephora who asked me my skin care regime, and I've corrected them. I have a Dermatologist who is a friend of the family who told me that combining AHA/BHA products with Retinol is fine, AHA/BHA's will help the retinol absorb better as they have an exfoliating effect. If you are uncomfortable combining, you can use your Glycolic one night, your Retinol the next. Make sure sunscreen is part of your routine! 🌞

I totally agree @GG84. I think people assume you "should...

I totally agree @GG84. I think people assume you "should never" mix them because of irritation. But that's a personal opinion. If it isn't irritating you, then there is no real issue. OP the PTR retinol fusion is my favorite. I have seen great results. Good luck

Thank you for the response @GG84 ! I will be  purchasing the Peter Thomas Roth Retino fusion and using it every other day and using my Ole Henriksen gel on the days I do not use it. 👍🏻 

Good Choice @Eri90 you will love it!

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing