Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Help with cutting down my night routine?

I'm looking for help to cut down my routine when I get home late from work exhausted.

I'd like to keep it budget friendly if possible, under $50 or so. Or if I can just cut down on what I currently use that would also work.

I have combination skin that gets oily/acne prone in my T-zones, especially my chin, with some redness on my cheeks and nose.

I'm contemplating the following:

Replace the Serums/Facial Oil:

Blume Milky Fade Spot + Scar Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL 
Blume Meltdown Acne Oil 1 oz/ 28 mL 

Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Niacinamide Dew Drops Serum 

Replace the Peel Pads + Acne Treatment
SEPHORA COLLECTION Clarifying Peel Pads 60 Pads

I have tried the Topicals Faded Serum for Dark Spots & Discoloration 1.7 oz/ 50 mL and it would peel with the Inkey List HA serum I had. I always try to incorporate HA into my routine so my skin doesn't get too dry.

I'm open to other suggestions as well 🙂

Current routine:

Spoiler

(My cousin works at Caryl Baker Visage so I get a lot of the stuff for free...)

Caryl Baker Visage H20 Foaming Cleanser
Caryl Baker Visage H20 Toner
(Night I skip the toner and use Elf SuperGlow AHA Peel Pads)

Serums:
The Ordinary Alpha Arbutin 2% + Hyaluronic Acid Hyperpigmentation Serum
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Serum

Eyes:
The Ordinary Caffeine 5% + EGCG Depuffing Eye Serum
Elf Holy Hydration eye cream with HA and Peptides

Treatment for Acne spots:
The INKEY List Beta Hydroxy Acid

I mix Elf SuperNourish Facial Oil and Elf Holy Hydration Face Cream before putting SPF on top.

SPF: Caryl Baker Visage Papaya Perfecting Daily Renewing Moisturizer

Once a week: Caryl Baker Visage Papaya Perfecting Enzyme Scrub.

When I remember: I use a collagen face mask and under eye masks. 

Re: Help with cutting down my night routine?

I just looked up the Blume ingredients and I don’t think that is bad either! I think you could use that as your night time ha (it has two dif kinds of HA in it) plus the niacinamide is great. ❤️

Thanks again! I was leaning more to Blume Milky Fade Spot + Scar Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL since it does have Niacinamide in it for my oil and helps with redness as a bonus. Plus the Blume Treat and Fade Kit is a great price for both items.

@raphaela12 I rec looking into brands like TO and TIL.  Good luck!  Let us know how it goes.

Hi! Are you using all of the things you listed? And are your main concerns the redness/t zone oil? 

The redness suggests you have some moisture barrier interruption- so the HA is actually a good keep. You may find that adding something in with ceramides is helpful, especially at night.

Also, HA is common to cause pilling, esp with silicones but I don't see any thing in the topicals product that is a silicone? So I can't explain that one lol. 

I think in your shoes, I would simplify. Maybe do a ceramide serum (love the one from Cocokind at Target) during the day, HA serum at night. For daytime moisturizer I love Murad Oil and Pore Control Mattifier Broad Spectrum SPF 45 1.7 oz/ 50 mL for folks that are oily- especially if you use that ceramide serum first.

Then at night, just do your HA followed by a lightweight moisturizer like #SEPHORA COLLECTION All Day Hyaluronic Acid Hydrator Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL . You could maybe press a lightweight oil like The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Moroccan Argan Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL  (like literally one drop heated up in your hands) over top of your moisturizer at night if you don't feel like you're getting enough moisture without it. 

Last tip- not sure if you're doing this, but try pressing your skincare product in vs. rubbing a lot. And especially with HA it doesn't take a lot (like a dime sized or less) to get the job done. It may help you avoid things rolling/pilling on top of it. 

Hey, thanks for the suggestions!

I use what I listed under the spoiler cut for my routine. Yes, the redness/t zone oil is my main concern, as well as uneven skin tone from freckles/acne scars. I sometimes do break out in my t-zones, currently got a couple on my chin.

I live in Canada so I don't got access to Target, but I did see your mentioned serum at our equivalent drugstore (https://shop.shoppersdrugmart.ca/p/BB_810041460042) so I will give it a try as Sephore only seems to have Glow Recipe Avocado Soothing Skin Barrier Serum with Ceramides 1 oz/ 30 mL

Blume Milky Fade Spot + Scar Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL also says it's good for redness but I will take your word over what the site says.

When I'm almost done my products I'll order your suggestions, or in April during the savings event. 🙂

Also thank you for the tips, I know for a fact I have a habit of rubbing them a lot ^^;

Actually the glow recipe ceramide serum is also pretty solid!! 

I do actually love the SEPHORA COLLECTION Glow Peel Pads 60 Pads vs. the clarifying for folks that are not really acne prone. It gives a more gentle exfoliation which may be a little better for your moisture barrier (redness) issues. 

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing