Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Help with cleanser and skin care routine

Hi any cleanser recommendations for oily and acne prone skin. 

i have tried Caudalie Vinopure Pore Purifying Gel Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL # I was using it for three months but nothing happened i kept getting new acne. I also tried CeraVe foaming cleanser using it for three weeks. this one cleared some area of my skin but later on i broke out and gave my atleast 8 cystic acne. When i stop using CeraVe the csytic acne went away. Right now, i am using Fresh Soy cleanser. At first week it looks like it did it job but my skin felt so oily and i feel like it doesn't really clean my skin. After two weeks of using it small bumps all over my cheeks showed up and some pustules.

Current skincare routine:

cleanser: fresh Soy Hydrating Gentle Face Cleanser 

toner: Biossance Squalane + BHA Pore-Minimizing Toner 4.0 oz/ 120 mL 

moisturizer: Juice Beauty Oil-Free Moisturizer 2 oz/ 60 mL 

spot treatment: The INKEY List Succinic Acid Treatment 0.5 oz/ 15 mL #(i started using this two days. It helps my acne but I couldn't stand the smell. Open for more spot treatment recommendations

thank you for reading my concerns. 

Re: Help with cleanser and skin care routine

@fl0wergogh A couple other gentle cleanser recommendations that have worked well for me- philosophy Purity Made Simple CleanserFirst Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face CleanserYouth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser. That said, I rely more on BHA products to handle acne and breakouts. Speaking of, my favorite rec for a good spot treatment is the CLINIQUE Acne Solutions™ Clinical Clearing Gel 1 oz/ 30 mL 

I have combo skin but this cleanser works on all skin types and is cruelty free and vegan. My favorite cleanser is the Winky Lux Rose Petal Cleanser. It removes ALL my makeup, oil, and dirt on my skin, but also smells really good. It’s more of a cheap high end cleanser and brand in general at the price of $22 for the cleanser.The rose petals in it are made of glycerin, which is amazing for your skin and scars. It also has real rose water, kiwi extract, lavender extract, and vitamin C extract in it. Hope this helps!

my personal favorite is youth to the people kale & green tea cleanser!!

I have acne prone, combination skin where my chin was very oily. I started to use the Glow Recipe Blueberry Bounce Gentle Cleanser 5.41 oz/ 160 mL a few months ago and my skin loves it! My acne is completely gone and I can tell I don’t  create as much sebum as I used to. It’s not overly drying either. 

Since my skin loves the cleanser so much, I have also been using the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow PHA + BHA Pore-Tight Toner 5.07 oz/ 150 mL. Love, love, love! 

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing