Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Help skin look more radiant

I'm in mid 30s and have fairly normal skin but need to boost some radiance and glow back in my skin. Skin has been looking tired and dull. Any suggestions? Would love to get a set of something! Bonus if it helps with hyperpigmentation!

Thank you.

Anonymous Insider

Re: Help skin look more radiant

Chemical exfoliation (acids) rather than scrubs are miracle works. Scrubs & physical abrasives can cause damage later on down the road and if used for a long period of time. Read up on acids AHAs and BHAs, the true glow perfecters. Paulas Choice has really good articles & social media videos on the benefits of  chemical Acids and also Vit C.

RE: Help skin look more radiant

Try a clay mask with exfoliants b/c that has helped me!

Re: RE: Help skin look more radiant

Thanks! Any particular masks I should try?

RE: Re: RE: Help skin look more radiant

I really really like the Brazilian bod exfoliating mask. It does the job of exfoliating without tearing up your skin. Also I love the body shop Himalayan charcoal mask. (The body shop one is my fav but sephora doesn't sell it so if you want something sephora carries I would try the Brazilian bod one!!! Btw it's yellow if that helps you find it)

Exfoliation!!!!!!!  There's so many different kinds depending on your skin type, preferences, and price point. My personal favorite daily exfoliators are the Tatcha rice enzyme powder (my ride or die) and the Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Pads. Tatcha uses enzymes to get the job done and DDG uses AHA's and BHA's, and both products have different strength options for different skin types and concerns.

As a weekly treatment I like the Drunk Elephant BabyFacial Peel, though it is pretty strong so if you have sensitive skin or haven't done peels I'd suggest either getting a sample or doing a patch test first.

Whatever you choose, just know that hyperpigmentation takes FOREVER to correct, usually 1-2 months, and serums and masks tend to work better if you exfoliate regularly because the dead layers of skin on the surface can get in the way of the products absorbing.

I'll echo the recommendations for Vitamin C... it's skin brightening, boosts collagen production, and is just a generally good addition to any skincare routine.  There are tons of options out there-- Drunk Elephant and Sunday Riley are really popular at Sephora, but I also hear great things about the Ordinary's (which is also very cost effective).  My HG Vitamin C is Skinceuticals CE Ferulic, which combines Vitamin E and Ferulic Acid for added antioxidant protection and combating free radicals.

@Layce711 Two words:Good Genes! It will be your best friend! And it helps with hyper pigmentation! ❤️

Thanks!! I'm going to order it. 🙂

RE: Re: Help skin look more radiant

Yay!!!!! I’m excited to hear how it works for you, @Layce711

I'll second the recommendation for a Vitamin C serum. I too love DE C Firma. I also recommend a chemical exfoliator. I use Good Genes 6 nights a week, and DE Babyfacial one night. They help keep my skin soft and radiant.

I just got the Loreal lumi glotion two days ago and I love it!!  It comes in four shades, and I got light (I'm medium/deep with a pink undertone).  It does not cover blemishes, but it does make the skin look radiant.

Hey @Layce711, I would say a 'cream' isn't going to really help boost radiance. What you need is a serum with Vitamin C (personally love the DE C-Firma), maybe a hydrating serum (everyone benefits from this, especially if its winter where you are). A cream is useful to 'lock' everything you've put on in place already. I actually mix the DE C-Firma and B-Hydra serum together and apply it in the morning, I think Sephora still has a gift box where the hydrating serum is basically free.

Thanks! My friend swears by Drunk Elephant. I'll have to check out there sets.

RE: Help skin look more radiant

The watermelon glow sleeping mask by glow recipe is good for helping the skin look more radiant cx

Re: RE: Help skin look more radiant

Thanks for the suggestion. Looking for more face creams vs mask. Any suggestions?

Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing