Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Help on skin care routine please

I have very sensitive skin and Rosy cheeks. I barley had acne until 4 years ago. I started breaking out terribly that at one point I thought it was a kind of different acne. I tried Neutrogena , Clear Skin , Cetaphil basically every drugstore acne cleansers and tho some of them some what worked it would leave my face very dry. That's when I tried looking up skin care products on Sephora and found out about skincare serums. Any recommendations for a newbie who wants to start a skin care routine please. Thank you in advance :)!!

RE: Help on skin care routine please

Ren ever calm line is great for redness and sensitive skin

Re: Help on skin care routine please

@Biancatax Start with a gentle liquid cleanser.  If you're looking for drugstore, you may like CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser.  I like First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL the best.

Next, try BHA (aka salicylic acid).  I only like Paula's Choice.  Start with the 2%, and take it from there since you have sensitive skin.  They even sell samples, so you can try a little before making an investment.  The site has frequent promotions, so I rec signing up for their e-mails.  It's also sold at Dermstore and Nordstrom.

For spot treating, benzoyl peroxide is good.  Clean & Clear Persa-gel is excellent.  Target also makes a knock-off that I'm sure is just as good.

You may wish to explore Differin. There is an OTC version that you can get at Target, Ulta, etc.  However, I think the Rx strength is better.

If you are still having difficulty, I rec asking a derm if you are a candidate for Retin-A.

Good luck! 🙂

Re: Help on skin care routine please

I will suggest the Paula's choice clear regular strength travel kit to try. It comes with 3 products, a cleanser, toner and spot treatment. @Biancatax very reasonably priced

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing