Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Help need a skin routine from scratch for oily skin

I am tired of having break outs and clog pore the mask makes it even worse. can someone give me a full skincare routine am and pm with product they sell at Sephora I tried the tatcha water cream and face wash but it doesn’t seem to work... thank you for your help!!

Re: Help need a skin routine from scratch for oily skin

I would suggest glow recipe blueberry face wash for oily skin..It really helps.

Hi @eloise450 ! 😊 I also have acne prone, oily skin!

I love Kate Somerville EradiKate Daily Cleanser 4 oz/ 120 mL , it is gentle, natural, and so effective. Then, I would suggest Proactiv Pore Targeting Solution , but it is a little pricey, so you could also try The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL . Then, you’ll want to use a moisturizer. I love using SEPHORA COLLECTION All Day Hydrator - Hydrate & Glow 1.69oz/ 50mL. Hydrating is SO important for every skin type 💧Finally, a sunscreen! This one by Supergoop is deigned for oily skin, and it also protects against blue light! Sunscreen is super important to wear every day. I love doing a face mask once a week GLAMGLOW Mini SUPERMUD® Charcoal Instant Treatment Mask 0.5 oz/ 15 g . I love Proactiv products, they have transformed my skin, but I’m just also suggesting other products that are less expensive but if you want to tryProactiv Proactiv+ 3-Step System, 30 Day Introductory Size I would definitely recommend. I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions. Have a wonderful day! 💕

@eloise450 If you're starting from scratch the most important thing to remember is to move slowly. Introduce products one at a time, waiting about 2 weeks before introducing the next new item. That way, if your skin reacts negatively, you'll have a better idea of which product is the culprit. 

You'll want to have a solid base routine before adding any actives. So, a cleanser, moisturizer, and sunscreen. For cleanser, some options include: philosophy Purity Made Simple First Aid Beauty Mini Pure Skin Face Cleanser 2 oz/ 56.7 g fresh Soy Hydrating Gentle Face Cleanser 13.5 oz/ 400 mL or Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser 8 oz / 237 ml . Some options for moisturizer here at Sephora include: belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb 3.37 oz/ 100 mL Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet Mini 0.66 oz/ 20 mL OLEHENRIKSEN Sheer Transformation® Perfecting Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL or Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturizing Cream 1.7 oz/ 50 mL . For sunscreen, I'd check out MDSolarSciences Mineral Crème Broad Spectrum SPF 50 UVA-UVB Sunscreen 1.7 oz or COOLA Mineral Sun Silk Crème SPF 30 1.5 oz/ 44 mL 

Once you have that base routine in place, I'd look at adding a BHA/salicylic acid serum to help tackle the acne. Some options include: SEPHORA COLLECTION Clarifying Peel Pads 60 Pads, Caudalie Vinopure Natural Salicylic Acid Pore Minimizing Serum  #dr dennis gross skincare alpha beta peel pads. If you're skin isn't used to chemical exfoliation, introduce this slowly- start with 2x a week.

I'd also highly recommend stating a double cleansing routine in the evening (using an oil-based makeup remover to remove sunscreen and clean out pores and following up with a water-based cream or gel cleanser). This is such a great way to really keep your face clean without stripping it of moisture. I had a lot of acne issues clear up by using it.

There are other options for helping with oil, like clay masks, and spot treatments for acne, once you have the other products in place, you can also play around with those things if needed.

With everything outlined above, a sample daily routine would look like this:

A.M.-

-rinse with water

-moisturizer

-sunscreen

P.M.-

-oil-cleanser

-cream/gel cleanser

-BHA serum

-moisturizer

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies