Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Help my skin please!

Does anyone have any recommendations? I’m currently using youth to the people, and a kiehls serum, but my maskne is NOT going away. (Could it be birth control affecting it???) I wear a new mask every day, and wash my face twice a day. It’s just gotten so bad. Ive never had this kind of acne before. Pics included!

Re: Help my skin please!

If you're not using any kind of acid in your routine I'd say definitely try adding one. My Personal favorites are The Ordinary lactic acid and The Ordinary glycolic toner. But if you're new to acids you might want to try something more mild first. Sephora Clarifying Peel Pads might be a good place to start. 

The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% + HA 2% Exfoliating Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL  The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Exfoliating Toner 8 oz/ 240 mL  SEPHORA COLLECTION Clarifying Peel Pads 60 Pads 

Depending on which specific products you're using, @JayVar72 I'd recommend looking into a BHA/salicylic acid serum to add to your routine. 

I’ve also been struggling with acne caused by the mask but I got a free sample of the Murad Acne Clearing Solution  cleanser (i have been using it for a week and it hasn’t ran out) and along with that I started using the 2 products that came with the Wishful Glow Set and these 3 things together have worked so well ! The cleanser left my skin very soft, I then used the scrub which made a huge difference with my skins texture and lastly the moisturizer did a great job without feeling heavy. The first time I used these products was at night and by the next morning I noticed the difference:) Now it’s been a week and the problems I had with my chin and jawline breakouts are gone.

For mask acne specifically I've had my skin clear up to almost completely clear using the following products: CLINIQUE Dramatically Different™ Hydrating Clearing Jelly  before wearing my mask, CLINIQUE Acne Solutions™ Clarifying Lotion 6.7 oz/ 200 mL as a toner after removing my mask or just once at night, and Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare DRx Blemish Solutions™ Clarifying Mask with Colloidal Sulfur which has most benefited me by leaving it on ALL night. While using these powerhouse products, it is important to moisturize well 🙂 hope this helps! It certainly has for me. 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos2
testing