Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Help me skin care lovers!

My face always has been really oily, but lately it gets oily to the point where i can't really stand it. Does anyone know really great products for controlling oil? And if anyone with this problem has a good routine that has worked please share it with me. I have heard that the Ole Henriksen Balance kit works but I still haven't tried it yet.

Thanks!

Re: Help me skin care lovers!

Hi @MCBeatuy - I'd start with a good skincare routine and see how that works. What are you using now? It sounds counterintuitive, but when you use a cleanser, you don't want something that strips your face completely, leaving that tight/squeaky feeling. Your skin will try to compensate by producing more oil. A gentle gel cleanser twice daily should do the trick. And be sure to moisturize after cleansing. Again, it seems like it would just make things worse, but it really keeps your face balanced and oil in check. See if you can get some samples in Sephora or try some travel-sized products to see if they work for you before committing to full sized products. I particularly like Fresh Soy Face Cleanser and Fresh Umbrian Clay Oil-Free Lotion.Fresh Soy Face Cleanser, $15-$38Fresh Soy Face Cleanser, $15-$38

Fresh Umbrian Clay Oil-Free Lotion, $36Fresh Umbrian Clay Oil-Free Lotion, $36

I haven't tried the Ole Henriksen Balance kit, but have tried other products from that brand and really liked them. It will probably take some trial and error, but once you find products that work with your skin, you should see great results. Good luck, and let us know how it goes!!

@MCBeatuy A temporary fix is oil blotting sheets.  I can't overstate how well they work - without them, my skin gets uncomfortably oily and my eyes burn!  Target makes great inexpensive ones.  Good luck on finding a more permanent fix!

RE: Help me skin care lovers!

What skincare products are you using now? I suggest the Origins Checks & Balances Frothy Face Wash (gives a nice refreshing cleanse but won't strip your skin or make it more oily) and the Belief Aqua Bomb. A gel like moisturizer is best for oily skin because the skin is able to absorb it much better than a cream moisturizer.

I love the Ole skincare line. I use it myself and it does wonders. Don't give up bc I used to suffer from the same issue until I incorporated the right moisturizers in my skincare routine.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos2
  • Fresh Soy Face Cleanser, $15-$38
  • Fresh Umbrian Clay Oil-Free Lotion, $36
testing