Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Help for a healthcare worker

Hi Everyone I am new to this site. I need some skincare guidance. My sister is a doctor on the front lines and has been breaking out around her nose and mouth because she has to constantly wear a mask. I really want to buy her some products but I need some help. Does anyone have any recommendations for a skin care product that would help decrease her breakouts and calm her skin. She is in her late 20s and has combination skin. When recommending products please recommend ones that are cost friendly, I am a teacher and don't have a lot of money but I want to get her something nice. 

Thanks for your help in advance! 

Re: Help for a healthcare worker

Very sweet of you @Marcella416 to want to treat your sister during these times!

I used to have to wear a face mask/respirator a lot for my old job, so here are some things I'd recommend to help with the fallout of that.

Calming masks: Origins Original Skin™ Retexturizing Mask with Rose Clay 2.5 oz/ 75 mL, FIRST AID BEAUTY - FAB Pharma Arnica Relief & Rescue Mask, REN Clean Skincare Evercalm™ Ultra Comforting Rescue Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

Spot treatment: Maybe try the Blume Meltdown

Skin repair: Anything with ceramides, like the DR. JART+ - Ceramidin™ Cream

Redness reduction: something with blue tansy, CBD or Cica would help. I like a bit of the Herbivore Lapis Blue Tansy Face Oil - For Oily & Acne-Prone Skin 1.7 oz/ 50 mL which comes in a trial set with a mask or the DR. JART+ - Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Calming Gel Cream or anything from the Cica line.

You can get some of these from the sale from Sephora or through kits on brand direct sites, which would allow your sis to try a few things.

Thank you so much for all that you and her do!!

I would recommend these products by Dr Jart. The Ceramidin mask would be a nice treatment for your sister at the end of a long shift. I have found the masks to be very soothing and luxurious and most importantly, they work beautifully to hydrate and heal damaged skin.

DR. JART+ - Ceramidin™ Facial Barrier Mask

DR. JART+ - Ceramidin™ Cream

Also check out items from The Ordinary or Inkey.

The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Hydrating Face Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL is a fave.

I am a fan of The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL, I have combo skin as well with hormonal acne.

@Marcella416 

Maybe you could get her DR. JART+ - Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Cream

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing