Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Help a Sister Out! Getting older... searching for anti-aging advice!

I've hit to big 4-0. I'm not ashamed of my age but I really want to amp up my skincare routine. I need advice on which skincare products and routine would best suit someone wanted to turn the clocks back just a bit. Listen, I'm down for botox or whatever else I would need to be pricked into my face - however... let's start with some creams first. 

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks! Happy Holidays!!!

Re: Help a Sister Out! Getting older... searching for anti-aging advice!

Hi @UniKitty001 happy holidays and congrats on turning the big 40 wooohoo you young girl what you talking about Botox! No stop lol

I recommend checking out rescue spa and look up biologique rechechere serums they have the best serums that target your specific needs so if you want anti -aging and hydration for getting a good healthy rich moisture level of plumpness to your skin I would definitely check out BR. Also regimen make sure your using a good nighttime moisturizer that locks in all the nutrients your skin needs to boost collagen and maintain a good level of it! Check out rescue spa on YOU TUbE you can view some of their products and how to use them. 

Hi! I also turned 40 this year and realized that I needed to make a commitment to my skin before it was too far gone! Haha. I have had serious success with the Sunday Riley Power Couple Duo, and even though it’s pricey, I will always have these in my cabinet! Every night I double cleanse, tone, then use the Luna oil. Let that sink in for five minutes, then apply Good Genes. Let that absorb for a few, and apply my nighttime moisturizer. I use it every night; my skin loves this routine. however, if you have sensitive skin you should not use every night. In the morning I cleanse, tone, then use the Ole Truth Serum followed by moisturizer. I am thrilled with how my skin looks now, and it keeps improving! Check out the reviews for these products...I found them very helpful. Hope this helps!

@UniKitty001 What is your routine now? There are several...

@UniKitty001 What is your routine now? There are several issues to tackle with aging skin. Here's what works for me: After removing my mk up I tone my skin with Shishedo Benefiance Wrinkle Resist Balancing Softener Lotion. It's mousture packed and preps my skin for my treatments. Next I apply a moisturizing serum, Bioessence 100% Pure Squalane Oil and let it absorb, takes a min or two. Then time for my night eye cream, Sunday Riley Auto Correct. This helps to reduce fine lines under the eyes. Now I apply Peter Thomas Roth Night Fusion Retinol PM Serum, this helps diminish fine lines and wrinkles but is very gentle unlike most other retinols. Once that has soaked in, I apply Sunday Riley Good Genes, this is a Lactic Acid based exfoliating treatment that will change your life. Let it soak in then apply my favorite moisturizer or overnight mask, I either use La Mer or Laneiage overnight mask.

@UniKitty001 If you’re not already, you should be using acids on your skin. You can start with really gentle products like the Amore Pacific Treatment Enzyme Peel and FAB Facial Radiance Pads. A lot of people swear by Sunday Riley Good Genes. I can’t try it because I’m allergic to some of the ingredients, but I love their Tidal cream. I’m also a huge fan of facial oils. I use REN Omega oil and Herbivore Phoenix oil. 

Murads age reform line is amazing.You can start out with...

Murads age reform line is amazing.You can start out with the kit comes in smaller sizes to try out before investing in all the products. This line tackles everything, wrinkles, fine lines, loss of firmness, hydration etc. A cleanser, serum, moisturizer and eye cream. The main thing is going to be introducing retnoid products into your routine, and murads products does it in a way that you're not left with irritated skin. Hope this helps.
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing