Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Help! What products should I use?

Hello everyone! kinda at a loss here as to what skincare products to use. I have some acne issues but I also have large pores so I get blackheads often in my T zone. I do have some redness. I have combination skin both dry and oily. Some products work for some things but not everything and most times when I ask people in Sephora I get waaayyy to many options and can't pick which one. I'm so confused help 😅😭

RE: Help! What products should I use?

The ordinary hyaluronic acid has helped moisturizer and refresh my face!!! Also glow recipe pore tight toner for your pores. It’s amazing and not drying at all. Also I do the ordinary lactic acid a few times a week for my pores as well

RE: Help! What products should I use?

Hi there! I have found The Ordinary - Niacinamide + Zinc serum helps soothe acne without drying my skin. I also use the Foreo Luna Mini 2 every night and that has helped my skin tremendously!

Re: Help! What products should I use?

Hi @GabbyJ12 ! I love the Kate Somerville EradiKate Daily Cleanser 4 oz/ 120 mL . It is super gentle, yet effective!y holy grail brand (I have acne) is Proactiv, but if you have combo skin, it might be too drying. I love this mask GLAMGLOW SUPERMUD® Charcoal Instant Treatment Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 g ! It has acne fighting ingredients: Salicylic Acid and charcoal. I use it once a week! An amazing moisturizer is SEPHORA COLLECTION All Day Hydrator - Hydrate & Glow 1.01oz/ 30mL . It has Hyalironic Axid, which draws moisture from the air to your skin! Also, theProactiv Emergency Blemish Relief is such a great spot treatment! I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions. Have a great day 😊

@GabbyJ12  what are you using now and what have you found worked before? 

I am using the Vichy Green line from Shoppers Drug Mart I...

I am using the Vichy Green line from Shoppers Drug Mart I find the cleanser nice but the toner has alcohol in it so now I'm using the fresh hydrating rose toner which I love. I also like the serum 89 that's in the Vichy line. their mosturizer I find is okay I don't know if it helps my dryness out the best to be honest.

Re: I am using the Vichy Green line from Shoppers Drug Mart I...

@GabbyJ12 I'm about to try the vichy 89 next week! I hear it's a great Hyaluronic Acid serum. 

I'd probably add 2 products based on what you're targeting 

I'd start out with the BHA being used once a week in the PM and then scale up as you feel is necessary (personally I don't exfoliate more than 3x a week but everyone's skin is different) and then the niacinamide products I mentioned can be used daily and with the Fresh toner and the Vichy 89.

Hope that helps! 

Hi @GabbyJ12!

For acne, I use Sunday Riley U.F.O. Salicylic Acid BHA Acne Treatment Face Oil 1.18 oz/ 35 mL twice a day.  During the day, I mix a drop or 2 into foundation to give it acne fighting power.  It helps with oiliness as well.  The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 2 oz/ 60 mL helps with pores and oiliness.

You don't have to apply these to the dry parts of your face, just the oily or problem areas!

I had a free virtual consultation with Farmacy and they suggested some products to help with my problems (oiliness, pores, blackheads and redness).  They'll give you products for an entire routine but they don't push you to buy them.  They email you the product list in the end!

You can find the consultation at the very bottom of the Farmacy website's main page.  It's in tiny writing that says "Virtual Skincare Consultations".

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing