Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Help: Substitute for Caudalieโ€™s Vinoperfect Radiance Serum?

So I recently moved back to Canada after living in Singapore for a few years. My skin took it really bad and I bought this to help with dryness and acne scarring. Itโ€™s been about a year and winter is back but my face is much better. Iโ€™ve started using this again because of the cold dry Canadian air but Iโ€™m almost out of product. Does anyone know of any similar products @ a cheaper price? Back then I was desperate for a fix so I think it was worth the splurge. Now Iโ€™m just looking for something that does something similar (dryness and acne scarring; if I had to choose one I would choose a serum for acne scarring).

Re: Help: Substitute for Caudalieโ€™s Vinoperfect Radiance Serum?

Hi, Kim! This is one of my absolute favorite products too. The price is the only thing that keeps me from consistently repurchasing. Have you been able to find a good substitute?

@kimkim07 wrote:
So I recently moved back to Canada after living in Singapore for a few years. My skin took it really bad and I bought this to help with dryness and acne scarring. Itโ€™s been about a year and winter is back but my face is much better. Iโ€™ve started using this again because of the cold dry Canadian air but Iโ€™m almost out of product. Does anyone know of any similar products @ a cheaper price? Back then I was desperate for a fix so I think it was worth the splurge. Now Iโ€™m just looking for something that does something similar (dryness and acne scarring; if I had to choose one I would choose a serum for acne scarring).

@kimkim07 wrote:

RE: Help: Substitute for Caudalieโ€™s Vinoperfect Radiance Serum?

Girl, welcome back to Canada!!!! Have you tried The Ordinary? They have an amazing return policy so you can try lots of things. I would recommend their Hyaluronic acid. Idk what your skin concerns are but the people at the abnormal beauty company/ deciem are super helpful!!

Re: RE: Help: Substitute for Caudalieโ€™s Vinoperfect Radiance Serum?

Hey, thanks so much, it's good to be back! ๐Ÿ˜Š

I've tried a couple of products from The Ordinary and they haven't worked well with my skin but I'll look into the hyaluronic acid for moisturizing.

Thanks! โค๏ธ

I looked at the ingredients of this serum and the formulation is nothing spectacular...it is mostly water, slip agents and squalane with some grapevine extract. Oh, and fragrance.

If squalane has worked for your skin, I would give the Biossance 100% squalane a try. It's $68 but that's for a huge 100 mL bottle. 

For dryness I think something like Josie Maran's Argan Milk would be a great if you like the milky serum texture. It's $70 CAD for 30 mL so not much cheaper, but IMO the formulation is much better than the Caudalie (whose products I find to be heavily fragranced and overrated). There's also a mini size if you want to trial it before committing to the full size.  

If you take care of your skin with proper moisturization, the acne marks will fade with time (I doubt they're scarring, probably just leftover redness from the irritation). You would probably need another product like an acid or vitamin C serum to help accelerate skin turnover so if you're just looking for a single cheaper product I would just stick with a good quality moisturizing/serum product. 

I'm always weary of switching products when I've found something that works for me. So, get a sample of those products to try if you can and patch test to make sure you don't react negatively. 

Hi, thanks so much for the options! I'll definitely look into them.

After reading what you had to say, I'm leaning towards a moisturizing serum as I don't really suffer from redness anymore. I recently bought a Vitamin C serum and my skin's gotten better (scarring's fading).

Will get some samples! โค๏ธ

@kimkim07 Serums are hard to dupe, in my opinion, because of all the different ingredients. Itโ€™s not just an oil, hylauronic acid or retinoid. There are plenty of dupes for singular ingredients. I say, if itโ€™s been working for you, make the splurge. You can go find a less expensive product and it may not give you the same results. You may end up spending more trying to find other options then if you just purchase something you know you love and works. โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

Hi, thanks so much for your advice! I never really thought of how my skin would react to the change! I'll try some samples of other products but will take your advice of returning to this if no other product goes well with my skin. โค๏ธ

@kimkim07 I agree with @darlyndar, it's the combination of ingredients in the product. You can wait until the next Sephora sale to pick it up? I'm not personally a big fan of The Ordinary, but you may love it. I have the Bioessence Squalane and use it but it is not as moisturizing as the Caudalie, especially in our current Canadian winter.

Hi, thanks so much for replying!

So true about the uniqueness of the product! Yea, I think if I want to return to using this product I'll wait for a sale.

I'm not a fan of The Ordinary either (the products don't go well with my skin).

I've heard so much about the Bioessence Squalane, definitely gonna try it. 

Stay warm! โค๏ธ

Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos1
testing