Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Help! Recently had my first Rosacea Breakout. Need advice on day face cream.

I have been using Murad products for quite some time but my skin is now too sensitive. I have been the Dr. Jart redness reduction products for night creams and they help. I found a new cleanser with Tatcha and I have been using their rice enzyme with no issues, seems to soothe my skin and hydrate. I have been using the REN redness reduction mask which does wonders.

The last piece of the puzzle I am missing is a day cream. I had been using the la Mer sample that came in the recent VIB play box and it didn't irritate my skin. However, I am trying to get a little more bang for my buck if I buy a full-size cream. I bought the Tatcha Indigo soothing recovery cream yesterday and my has had an extreme reaction. Very red and hot. I am leaning toward trying the water cream or silk cream (also from Tatcha) they seem to be a bit lighter texture. Does any one have any advice on these 2 products or any other suggestions that don't require a medical prescription? THANK YOU. 🙂 

RE: Help! Recently had my first Rosacea Breakout. Need advice on day face cream.

Sorry the Indigo cream didn't work for you. I've been trying out Tatcha recently and have yet to find a product I didn't love. If you're going to try more of the Tatcha creams go to their website- they have the travel size in almost all of their products so you can try them out without having to buy the full size. You also might want to try Tidal by Sunday Riley. It's very lightweight and claims to brighten hyper-pigmentation. I've been using it for a few weeks now and I like it a lot. It's very soothing and smells like fresh salad greens. You mentioned using some of the Dr. Jart products- have you tried the Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment from the Cicapair line? It's really good for covering the red areas and has SPF 30. You could probably use it all over but I just use it on the areas that need it like my cheeks and chin and then blend it out over my regular moisturizer. And this is definitely a less is more kind of product. Start with a little and pat it in with your fingers then go back in with a bit more if needed after you've blended it out. I have fair skin so that light green to beige color works on me but I'm not sure how it would work on darker skin tones. It also comes in a smaller size which is plenty given how little you need.

RE: Help! Recently had my first Rosacea Breakout. Need advice on day face cream.

Hi @ApriLev ! If the REn mask worked for you--check out their entire EverCalm range. There's a day cream ! Relatively speaking the price is good too...

Re: RE: Help! Recently had my first Rosacea Breakout. Need advice on day face cream.

Hi! Thank you! I went to skin care section and tried a few creams over the weekend and the REN day cream worked like magic. The heat in my cheeks was gone with in minutes. It's like magic. I'm going back to day to buy the full-size bottle. 

Re: RE: Help! Recently had my first Rosacea Breakout. Need advice on day face cream.

@ApriLev you're so welcome ! thrilled to hear it !!! hooray !

Re: Help! Recently had my first Rosacea Breakout. Need advice on day face cream.

I like the Elta MD Daily UV sunscreen. I get from my dermatologist, but you can get on Amazon from a reputable seller. I have sensitive skin with Rosacea and eczema. When it is very irritated, I use the REN soothing serum. I would use it all the time, but trying to combat aging too. Good luck!

Anonymous Insider

The Water Cream is really nice BUT I'm gonna have to recommend Youth to People age prevention cream because it is natural and doesn't irritate my skin one bit. I've also become a bit sensitive recently [after starting retinoids] and find that I can rely on this cream to feed my skin moisturizing ingredients without irritating me. Almost done with my jar [after 3 months of 2x daily usage] and I will definitely be repurchasing
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing