cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Help Please skin SOS! ๐Ÿ†˜๏ธ

Hello fellow skincare enthusiasts! โ™ฅ๏ธI am in desperate need of advice. ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

I follow a dedicated skincare routine and lately my skin has looked so dry, red, peely, and just downright off. My normal skin is normal to dry but this the past couple of months has been completely different. I am 34 and live in hot humid area of Florida. 

I eat well, workout, and take good supplements. 

My current skincare routine is: 

Tatcha cleansing oil

Lush jade roller cleanser

Lush toner 

Murad multi vit oil

Tatcha serum stick

Biossance marine algae eye cream

Tatcha water cream (am) 

Tatcha dewy skin cream (pm)

Lush argan oil facial bar (pm only)

Supergoop Unseen sunscreen (am only) 

I have Tatcha vit c serum and essence however stopped using them for the past 3 wks thinking the aha/lactic acid was too much for my skin. 

Alas, no real difference has been made. ANY advice or insights would be greatly appreciated. 

Xoxo

Re: Help Please skin SOS! ๐Ÿ†˜๏ธ

Hi! I hope I can help!

Right now your skin is in a very irritated position. You shouldn't be using anything to possibly trigger more redness or peel skin, so I'd recommend fragrance-free and essential oil-free skincare. My skin was in the exact same state when I first moved to Florida! I don't think you should be using any of the products listed. Lush skincare isn't the best (fragrance and essential oils) neither is Tatcha (fragrance). And, since your skin is probably SUPER sensitive I wouldn't use a chemical sunscreen. Maybe a mineral sunscreen? It's more gentle on the skin.

Here is a skincare routine I recommend! (Some are not available in Sephora, but in your local target or amazon) I listed a few choices of each product, just incase one doesn't work for your skin ๐Ÿ™‚ All of these work on my extremely sensitive skin.

One more thing, since these products may be new, your skin might purge! Its normal when trying new products. (Thats why I'd try a stable routine for about a month, to see if it works)

1. Cleanser 

- Vanicream gentle cleanser

- La Roche Posay Toleraine hydrating gentle face cleanser

- Or the classic, Dove Sensitive skin soap bar! 

I usually wouldn't use a toner, but the First Aid Beauty Hydrating Toner with Squalane + Oats 6 oz/ 177 mL 

3. Serums (You can also layer serums!)

- Glow Recipe Avocado Soothing Skin Barrier Serum with Ceramides 1 oz/ 30 mL (good for redness,sensitivity,hydration)

4. Moisturizer

- Vanicream moisturizer, the one with the pump! (amazon) {more on the thicker side}

- First Aid beauty (FAB) Ultra repair cream intense hydration {thicker texture}

- First Aid beauty barriAIR skin repair cream {lighter texture}

5. Eye cream

- Your eye cream for biossance looks good!

6. Sunscreen (A.M, all mineral! I find it works better on sensitive skin)

- Supergoop! 100% Mineral Sheerscreen Sunscreen SPF 30 1.5 oz/ 45 mL (Some white cast, not too much)

- La Roche Posay Anthelios Ultra Light Facial sunscreen SPF 60 (I love this one, its so light and hydrating and NO white cast)

- Versed guard up sunscreen SPF 30 (I haven't tried this myself, but I've heard its amazing)

7. (Optional Makeup Remover/sunscreen remover) With the double cleansing method! You can also use this to remove sunscreen on the face)

Cleansing balms/oil - rub on DRY skin, wash with water, then use your cleanser!

Micellar Water - on dry skin, pour some on a cotton pad to remove sunscreen/makeup then follow with a cleanser.

Cleansing Balm: clinique take the day off cleansing balm or the cleansing oil version

Micellar water: Garnier micellar water unscented (the one with the pink cap)

And yup! Those or my picks. Sorry if this was super long!

hope this helped! ๐Ÿ™‚

This is so incredibly helpful! Thank you for taking the time to write this out. I appreciate you and will look into all of these products. 

Xoxo! 

I'm glad it was helpful! 

I'm so sorry, I hate it when your skin turns on you for no reason. @frankie24 . I would try getting rid of any Active ingredients and stick to only moisturizing products for a few weeks more. Maybe stop using the Murad Multi Vit oil and add in some moisturizing masks a few times a week? I noticed that you use Tatcha and I do see they have some hydrating masks like Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Sheet Mask 

I have dry skin and was experiencing itchiness on the lower half of my face. I have been using Topicals Like Butter Mask for Dry, Sensitive & Eczema-Prone Skin 1.7 oz/ 50 mL  for a month now and that itchy feeling is almost gone. It may not work for you but I thought I might throw it out there. I hope your skin improves soon!๐Ÿค—

Thank you so very much for this! I appreciate you taking the time to reply. โ™ฅ๏ธ I will definitely look into this product. 

Xoxo

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing