Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Help! New routine needed

Hello all, I am 37 and looking for a new morning and evening skincare routine. I have combo skin but acne scars from my teens and large pores. I prefer clean makeup and cruelty free if possible so appreciate any and all recommendations!

Re: Help! New routine needed

Hi @lia83 ! For a cleanser, I love Kate Somerville EradiKate Daily Cleanser 4 oz/ 120 mL and would also recommend Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser .

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL is amazing, and Niacinimide is an awesome ingredient for brightening your skin, balancing oil, and helping with scars and skin texture.

As for a moisturizer, I would suggest Proactiv Complexion Perfecting Hydrator , and the Versed Gel Moisturizer.

Sunscreen is super important and should we worn every day! Supergoop! Zincscreen Mineral Lotion SPF 40 PA+++ 1.7 oz/ 50 mL .

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions 💕

Try the ordinary hylaronic serum.

I also have acne scars that I am battling. This routine helped get rid of any discoloration and the ice pick scars that are slowly fading (I think it will just take time)

I have the same style of skin and have had very good luck with these:

Morning- 

Youth To The People- Superfood cleanser- This one is very mild

REN- Ready steady glow toner (this is good for acne prone skin, but only use once per day at the most) 

Cerave daily moisturizer with SPF 30

Korres Greek yogurt foaming cleanser <- this is my go to- daily

Indie Lee CoQ10 Toner 

Glow Recipe- Pineapple Vitamin C Serum 

Olehendriksen Vitamin C Rush GEL cream <- the gel cream is much better for oily skin 

If I have a lot of makeup that I need to remove I use (Farmacy- Green Clean makeup removing balm) 

If I am going to be out in the sun a lot I will use supergoop unseen sunscreen 

I have heard a lot of good thing about using certain retinols but I personally didn't see enough of a change in my skin to continue purchasing.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing