Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Help! How do I fix this?

I stick to a pretty regimented skincare routine. A few days ago I used a spin brush to clean my face with the neutrogena gentle fragrance free cleanser. I haven’t used my spin brush in a long time, when I went to use my regular skincare (tatcha deep cleanse, the ordinary niacinamide serum, olay 7 in 1 moisturizer) it felt like needles and now I have horrible skin texture with tiny bumps everywhere! Did I overexfoliate? Or is it some sort of allergic reaction? It’s not very itchy and doesn’t burn, but it’s uncomfortable especially when I’m wearing a mask. Can anyone give any advice on how to fix this? Or what to avoid in the future- I know I won’t be using the spin brush anymore!

Re: Help! How do I fix this?

Ouch!! This looks super painful, I am so sorry you had this happen. To me, it looks like you may have over-exfoliated + are using too harsh of ingredients for your skin (assuming it is sensitive). I would recommend using the Dr. Barbara Sturm Calming Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL for this one -- this has always really helped to bring down any redness or irritation my skin has experienced + it also feels amazing.

Hope you feel better soon!!!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
Photos2
testing