Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Help! Eye Cream for Dry Under Eyes Suggestions

I have dry under eyes and pretty sensitive skin. I would love to find an eye cream that is hydrating, that can go under concealer and doesn't have fragrance as an ingredient.

If anyone has any suggestions I would LOVE to hear them 😊

Re: Help! Eye Cream for Dry Under Eyes Suggestions

Hi! I used to have the same issue you're having. I am currently using Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream! It has minimal fragrance and they also have one for extra dry skin which has no fragrance! Compared to most this product is fairly inexpensive and the pot lasts a long time depending how much is used. I use it twice a day and it is super light so I can use it before bed and in the morning before I put on SPF. It's also good for adding concealer under the eyes. It allows for easy blending! Let me know if you try the product! 

IzzaC_0-1595876348601.jpeg

RE: Help! Eye Cream for Dry Under Eyes Suggestions

Get a sample of the Farmacy Cherry under eye. I love it.

Hi @ckkudo ! I also have dry (very dry) undereyes. I stopped using products specifically labeled "eye cream" last year, but the one I used to use is Biossance Squalane + Peptide Brightening & De-Puffing Eye Gel 0.5 oz / 15 mL . It's fragrance-free and contains several hydrating ingredients like aloe, glycerin, panthenol, chondrus crispus, a couple of peptides, and sodium hyaluronate. It also contains brightening niacinamide and moisturizing squalane. If your skin handles Drunk Elephant products well (mine doesn't), you could try using Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL as an eye cream. 

Nowadays I just use my full face moisturizer under my eyes. If that skin's still dry afterward, I top it with a facial oil. My favorites are CBD oils—Herbivore Emerald CBD + Adaptogens Deep Moisture Glow Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL or Flora + Bast Age Adapting CBD Serum (can't tag it but Sephora sells it: https://www.sephora.com/product/age-adapting-facial-serum-P440981?icid2), but sometimes I also use the very inexpensive e.l.f. Nourishing Facial Oil which is a wonderful blend of good-for-skin oils—no bad essential oils to be found here. 

Whichever undereye moisturizer(s) you choose, try to apply it in layers. Starting with damp skin, apply a layer of cream/gel/oil and wait a couple minutes for it to sink in. If your skin's still dry, apply another layer. If still dry, apply a 3rd layer. In the winter, I sometimes need 4 or 5 layers of moisturizers under my eyes. 

EDIT: I forgot to ask if you currently use a hydrating serum on your whole face, including your undereyes. If you don't, consider adding a serum that contains a humectant like hyaluronic acid (HA). There are plenty of options out there... each morning, I rely on my vitamin C serum, Farmacy Very Cherry Bright 15% Clean Vitamin C Serum with Acerola Cherry 1.0 oz/ 30 mL , which contains 4 forms of HA. Another hydrating serum I love is The Ordinary "Buffet" 1 oz/ 30 mL . Neither of these contain synthetic fragrance, but Very Cherry Bright does have a light natural cherry scent. I'm told The Ordinary Marine Hyaluronics 1 oz/ 30 mL  is another good option (I haven't tried that one). The Inkey List makes an HA serum... The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Hydrating Face Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL . Any of these serums should boost hydration under your eyes, so your "eye cream" can focus more on moisturization—sealing that hydration into your skin. 

@WinglessOne I bookmarked your post, b/c I will be looking to add more HA to my under-eye area in the future 🙂

there was a sample of Biossance Squalane + Marine Algae Firming & Lifting Eye Cream 0.5 oz / 15 mL that might be great for you. It's fragrance free and has lots of great moisturizing ingredients like panthenol, squalane and glycerin 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos1
  • IzzaC_0-1595876348601.jpeg
testing