Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Hello! We're Biossance. Ask us your questions about squalane, sustainability, and more.

Hello, Beauty Insider Community!

We're Biossance and we draw on our rich history of science and sustainability to create skincare products that are good for you and good for the planet.  We formulate with a No Compromise™ approach, setting the bar higher for both safety and performance.

Ask us any questions you have about our product line (our bestseller at Sephora is our Squalane + Peptide Eye Gel), why squalane is awesome, or our approach to sustainability.

Looking forward to chatting with you!

5:40 PM PT: We're signing off, but we'll come back Monday and check for any new questions. Thanks all!

Re: Hello! We're Biossance. Ask us your questions about squalane, sustainability, and more.

Your eye cream and probiotic moisturizer have quickly become my favorites - I try to use greener products but still want them to work. Any other products in development? I'd love to see some masks! 

Re: Hello! We're Biossance. Ask us your questions about squalane, sustainability, and more.

We're so happy to hear you're loving them! We do have some new products in the works, but we'll have to keep them a surprise for now. A mask is a great idea! We'll be sure to pass that on to our product development team.

I'll be looking out for them!

@Biossance  Thank you for swinging by to chat with us!

The Squalane + Peptide Eye Gel really interests me, i'm a sucker for eye products. 

Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Oil - Can this be mixed with any moisturizer or is it better to use it alone and then apply moisturizer?

RE: Re: Hello! We're Biossance. Ask us your questions about squalane, sustainability, and more.

@darkiceis on days I use my retinol cream, I layer it over the Biossance after letting it absorb for a minute!

Re: RE: Re: Hello! We're Biossance. Ask us your questions about squalane, sustainability, and more.

@k617 Thank you!

I haven't tried the Rose and vitamin C oil yet, but I do mix the 100% squalene oil in with the probiotic moisturizer when I'm feeling dry. It works really well! I also use the squalene oil on my legs after hair removal. It's very moisturizing without being greasy or irritating.

@kas24 Thanks for the tip.

Thanks! Our Squalane + Peptide Eye Gel is our #1 selling product in Sephora. Works wonders to perk up tired or stressed eyes. As far as using Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Oil mixed in moisturizers or layered, we've found that layering works best to get the full benefits. That being said, we have heard from a few customers that they love using it to power up the moisturizing properties of their moisturizer. Let us know if you have any other questions!

YES! Finally a brand that I'm interested in asking questions to on BIC!

@BiossanceI just discovered your Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Oil this year and I LOVE it. I've been using it for about 5 months and am only about 1/2 through a bottle after nightly use. It has made my skin so smooth and supple!

I'd like to know, is there actually rose oil in this, or just a rose extract? Also, how much % of Vitamin C would you say this product equates to?

Added another question - where does your squalane come from?

Thank you! The percentage of ingredients in our products is proprietary, but we can tell you that both the rose and vitamin C are at the manufacturers suggested efficacious levels. The rose is an extract, but carries many of the same skin beneficial constituents as the oil. It is extracted from the rose petals and just a different process than distillation. We use an oil soluble form of vitamin C that is highly stable and converts more easily to vitamin C than ascorbic acid. Please let us know if you have further questions and we're so glad you love Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Oil!

RE: Re: Hello! We're Biossance. Ask us your questions about squalane, sustainability, and more.

Thank you @Biossance!

Ooh the Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Oil sounds so intriguing! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this. Sounds like it would be such a great oil to try out for my dry skin.

Thank you @Biossance for explaining what squalane is and where you get it! 

@Mcakes  I love it also.  I don't think you'll regret it.  Biossance has a great offer on their site for two sample bottles, one of the Squalane oil and one of the Vitamin C Rose oil. 

@Mcakes I really, really love it. I use 3 drops at night after cleansing, essence, and serum and my skin is always glowing the next day. I'm seriously considering purchasing the big 3.3 oz bottle of 100% squalane also from Biossance for daytime, once I use up this darn bottle of Sunday Riley UFO...

Welcome! Can I know more about squalane..why is it beneficial, what it is, where is it derived from? Thank you! @Biossance

Great question! Squalane is a highly versatile emollient and an optimized version of squalene, which is a key component of the skin’s lipid barrier. It is a mega-moisturizing molecule that contributes to healthy, moisturized skin that glows. We have found through clinical studies that Biossance squalane is proven to hydrate, soften, and smooth skin in as little as one week, making it a powerful ingredient to lock in essential moisture.

Historically, squalane has been a luxury skincare ingredient. But it was either harvested from shark livers—which has a devastating environmental impact—or from olives, an unreliable source that produces varying quality.

At Biossance, we use a patented biological process to produce the 100% plant-derived squalane found in our products. This process uses Brazilian sugarcane, which meets international sustainability standards. Final manufacturing is in the United States.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

17 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 57 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing