Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Skincare Aware

HELP! My skin is bumming me out...

I need some product recommendations for any and all makeup and beauty related items which will help me fix my issues.

My pores are constantly getting clogged; I don't necessarily have blackheads, they are little whiteheads and sometimes the bumps are just skin with no visible black or white head.

My chin and the area's around my hairline seem to develop mini pimples in little clusters.

My nose and under eye area are dry and the rest of my face is an oil slick.

I have tried mattifying powders and primers and sprays, but I can't seem to make a dent.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Smiley Happy

Re: HELP! My skin is bumming me out...

What products for your skin care and beauty regimen are you using? Have you noticed the issue of clogged pores and the clusters of break outs occurring as a result of perhaps a change in diet, lifestyle, or product used?

I have used Proactiv, Origins, Boscia, and Fresh (masks, moisturizers, facewashes).

If anything, I have started working out regularly 2-3 times a week. I have also been eating a little healthier and cutting out soda and cookies.

But I have been having very high levels of stress in the past 4 months...maybe thats the cause...not sure a beauty product can fix that Smiley Sad

What does your current skin and beauty regimen consist of? Which products specifically from those brands you listed above have you tried? What were your results with them (be they postive or negative) and for how long did you use them for?

Morning: Boscia charcoal facewash, Proactiv toner, Proactiv moisturizer, clinique all about eyes serum, Perricone moisturizer.

Night: Fresh Soy facial cleaners, Proactiv toner, Proactiv moisturizer, Ole henriksen under eye gel, shiseido night cream.

I have also tried St Ives face scrub in green tea, and the one in apricot. I have tried Lancome night cream, juice beauty facial mist.

None of these products have made it worse, but I don't notice a significant change for the better either.

Hi knadala,

I recommend trying Glamglow's Supermud Clearing Treatment. It is one of the best masks that I have tried. It really helps control my oily skin and has helped with my clogged pores. I like to use it about two times a week. This mask is a clay-based mask that really helps unclog pores. After I remove the mask, I see an immediate difference in the clarity of my skin. Be sure to use it on freshly cleansed skin for the best results. Smiley Happy

Best,

Randee

Best,
Ty

Thanks Randee! I got a deluxe sample of the Glamglow in the black colored packaging and I have just started using it. 

The price on glamglow is a little steep, is there a travel size available for purchase somewhere? I wanted to test it before committing to the full size.

Hi knadala, 

There isn't a small size of the Supermud Clearing Treatment available. A sample size of the Youthmud Tingleexfoliate Treatment is available at many of our stores though and it is also an incredibly effective mask! Smiley Happy

Best,

Randee

Best,
Ty

Thanks!

knadala, you can purchase a sample pack directly from glam glow's website- it has two foil packets each of the super mud, tingle mud, and eye treatment for about $12.

21 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 20 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors