Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Good product for Hyperpigmentation

Hey guys! 

Every time I get acne, it always leaves red dots that don't go away for weeks and some even months. They take so long to fade, my face looks like a connect the dots coloring page. If you have any product recommendations that helped you guys out that would be awesome! My skin is normal to mildly oily! #hyperpigmentation 

Tags:

Re: Good product for Hyperpigmentation

Definitely make sure that you keep your skin healthy and hydrated, and you should probably have niacinamide somewhere in your routine. A lot of products have it, if you check the label, but you might want to have a dedicated booster just for that, and the Inkey List makes a pretty good one. There are also antioxidant serums and retinol serums you can use. Paula's Choice has some of my favs in their %1 Retinol Serum with peptides and vitamin C (since for me vitamin C is harsh on its own), and dtheir super antioxidant serum. They also just came out with a Discoloration Serum, but I haven't tried it yet. It has niacinamide, glycerin, and tranexamic acid (which will do the brightening).

Just be careful when layering acids, since you can disrupt your skin's moisture barrier if you exfoliate too aggressively.

Acne marks/scarring are a bit different. Things that will work well to fade these faster are exfoliants like AHA, BHA, Salicyclic Acids, Retnoids. And in office treatments like microdermbrasion, peels, etc.

I would look at a product with AHA, BHA, and Salicyclic Acid to help fade those faster. 

Depending on what products you're currently using, @rosierico I'd start with adding in a vitamin C (ascorbic acid) serum. If you search "acne scars" here on the board search, you'll see lots of posts with good suggestions.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing