Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Good morning skincare!!!

Hey guys! I’ve pretty much got my night routine down pat, and i have a few staple products that i never go without in the morning. BUT i need help finding those holy grail amazing products you can’t go without for the morning!!! As of right now, I use the caudalie radiance serum, and my ren moisturizer from the calm line. Recommend me products!!! (My skin type is combo - sensitive acne prone BUT recommend me any products even if they don’t agree w my skin type. i wanna see em all!)

Re: Good morning skincare!!!

I keep my morning routine pretty quick and simple. I do most of my serum layering and exfoliating at night, when I’m far more willing to spend extra time and effort on skincare. 

I have mostly-dry combo skin with a very oily nose area. My main skincare goals are hydration, moisturization, keeping my pores free of gunk, reducing texture, and lifting my large hyperpigmentation patches. Some of those goals are addressed in the morning. 

My AM routine 

*Optional step 

*Lip scrub: ColourPop Lippie Scrub 
Wash: either Paula’s Choice CLEAR Pore Normalizing Cleanser or PC Hydrating Gel-to-Cream Cleanser 
Tone/essence: either e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence or May Coop Raw Sauce 
Lip moisturizer: Aquaphor ointment, often topped with Supergoop! AcaiFusion Lip Balm Broad Spectrum SPF 30 0.5 oz/ 15 mL
Serum: currently either Youth To The People Superfood Firm and Brighten Vitamin C Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL (which I’ll swap for a different antioxidant serum once this bottle’s done) or THE ORDINARY - Buffet
*Spot treatment: either PEACE OUT - Acne Healing Dots or Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Gel 
Eyes: Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 mL or Biossance Squalane + Peptides Eye Gel (I’m phasing it out of my routine) on undereyes; if needed, e.l.f. Nourishing Facial Oil on lids 
Moisturizer: YTTP Superfood; will add Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Oil with Squalane and Antioxidants 1 oz / 30 ml as a base layer this winter 

Some mornings—usually after a sleepless night—I add an eye mask to my routine, and/or add Paula’s Choice hyaluronic acid + ceramides booster under my eyes. 

RE: Good morning skincare!!!

Vitamin C in am and most important (duh) high SPF over top!! Generally all derms I’ve spoken to: retin a in the evening, vitamin c and sunscreen in the morning. Just be wary of the quality (l-ascorbic acid is unstable & potentially irritating, and its derivatives are sometimes questionable in terms of efficacy depending on one’s opinion). Hydration always!! Chemical exfoliants - without added alcohol as an ingredient - occasionally (actually that’s more of an am or pm thing). Good luck!

Good morning skincare!!!

I generally keep it pretty simple in the morning, because I don't want to layer makeup on top of a bunch of products. I use a gentle exfoliating scrub from Philosophy, mist with a Rose water and hibiscus hydrating spray by Herbivore, a brightening Vitamin C serum, and seal it all with my HG product: Philosophy 'Renewed Hope in a Jar' moisturizer! The face mist is SUPER light and really helps my serum sink in. I just spray it on and add a few drops of my serum right after, and massage them into my skin together. Highly recommend!

Re: Good morning skincare!!!

Hi @bnix4,

Great question! So I can give you more personalized recommendations, what's your biggest skin concern? (aging, acne, rosacea, hyperpigmentation) 

<333

RE: Re: Good morning skincare!!!

acne or pores for sure! i don’t have rosacea or hyperpigmentation. I get hormonal acne mostly, but i have a lot of blackheads and pores on my t-zone! i’m between my skin being dry or dehydrated. not quite sure.
5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing