Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Good moisturizer after home microdermabrasion treatment?

Does anyone know of a good moisturizer to use after home microdermabrasion treatments? 

Re: Good moisturizer after home microdermabrasion treatment?

@GDe1 Skinfix Barrier+ Triple Lipid-Peptide Face Cream  and Kate Somerville DeliKate™ Recovery Cream 1.7 oz/ 50 mL are my favorites. 

Re: Good moisturizer after home microdermabrasion treatment?

Depending on how sensitive your skin is after the treatment you can generally use your regular moisturizer. If that's too harsh right after the peel I'd suggest going for a plain 100% oil of some kind. Depending on your skin and climate you can use the oil on it's own or use it to create a barrier between your skin and your regular moisturizer/sunscreen. Just don't add any water-based serums over the oil because they won't get through.

Sweet almond oil is super inexpensive if you buy it from health food stores or as an essential oil carrier oil. Jojoba seed oil acts similar to your skin's natural sebum and I love using it right after a good BHA clearout, since it won't cause acne like my natural sebum does. There's a lot of different kinds of skin oils with lots of different benefits so explore and see what you can find that appeals to you. You can also freeze the oils to keep them from spoiling so don't be afraid to buy in bulk once you have one you like. I even use the sweet almond oil as a post-shower oil!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing