Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|
Anonymous Insider

Good cleanser

Hi!! 

I'm new to skincare and makeup, but I don't yet feel confident enough to wear a full face. I'd like to have that natural look. However, mainly on and around my nose, I have large pores and blackheads that I can't get rid of. Can you please recommend a strong cleanser that really does help fix this problem? I don't mind if it's very drying.

Thanks!

Re: Good cleanser

@annabellesea  A gentle liquid cleanser is a good start.  I personally love First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL

However, I think it's going to take more than a cleanser to get the results you want.  We can't change the size of our pores, but we can reduce the appearance of the size.  Chemical exfoliation can help with this.  BHA is especially good for those suffering from blackheads.  I adore the BHAs from Paula's Choice.  Clay masks are also good - and you can apply them just where you need.  I rec CLINIQUE Pore Refining Solutions Charcoal Mask 3.4 oz/ 100 mL

Using oil blotting sheets regularly helps.  If you still feel like you are struggling, ask your derm if you're a candidate for Retin-A.

Good luck!  🙂

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing