Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Skincare Aware

Good cleaners for acne prone pregnant skin

I am pregnant and having breakouts around my mouth and my nose. What is a good cleaner for me at this time? I have always had success with products with salicyclic acid, but it is not recommended for use while pregnant.

I'm having the same problem, checking labels constantly....

I'm having the same problem, checking labels constantly. I did some research and you also have to be careful of beta hydroxy acid as well, it's a for of salicylic acid. Alpha hydroxy acid and lactic acids are safe, but BHA's aren't. Anything anti-aging is typically not safe either due to the Retinoids.

It's hard work growing a baby, good luck! Smiley Happy

Catwlu, I'm already oily/acneic so I've tried a lot of pr...

Catwlu,

I'm already oily/acneic so I've tried a lot of products to fight/prevent breakouts.  Now I'm 12 weeks pregnant and reading labels more than I used to.  For sure stay away from anything with high concentrations of vitamin A (everything I've read as well as my doc say that can harm the baby).  I was using the Clarisonic Refreshing Gel Cleanser, but since my local Sephora stores do not carry it, I went back to Boscia Clear Complexion Gel Cleanser with Botanical Blast.  Both have helped keep the break-outs in control and my skin is ridiculously smooth.  I do, however, have the Clarisonic skin care brush, so that might be part of the reason why I've found a change in texture in the past few months.  Another thing is that neither cleanser has harsh scents so my pregnant super-nose hasn't experienced any issues.  Both are also part of Sephora's Skincare Challenge in case you're interested in that.  I've copied the info from the Sephora site on these two cleansers in case you want to compare:

Clarisonic Refreshing Gel Cleanser for Normal/Oily Skin relieves and protects oily and congested skin. It contains 1% Willowbark Extract (a natural antiseptic) and beta-hydroxy acid (promotes cell turnover) to gently balance and clarify skin and uses antioxidants to soothe and protect. Bearberry Extract helps promote bright, even skintone, and Pro-Vitamins B5 and B12 (a natural colorant) promote skin hydration. It's paraben-free. 

Active Ingredients

-Willow Bark Extract (1%): A natural antiseptic and beta-hydroxy acid that promotes cell turnover.
-CoQ10 and Coenzyme Q10: One of the few lipid-soluble and naturally occurring antioxidants found in skin. It's essential for cell viability and energy production while protecting against loss of collagen and elastin.
-Bearberry Leaf Extract: A natural source of arbutin, which is a naturally occurring skin brightening agent similar in structure to hydroquinone but gentler. It reduces hyperpigmentation by reversibly inhibiting tyrosinase, an enzyme involved in melanin production.
-Aloe Vera: Conditions and restores suppleness to dry, flaky skin, and is also known to have wound-healing and anti-inflammatory properties.

Clear Complexion Cleanser with Botanical Blast
What it is:
A refreshing, deep-cleansing gel.
What it is formulated to do:
Purify pores and bolster your skin's natural defenses against irritations and reactions. This preservative-free skincare essential leaves the complexion clean, clear, and free of shine.
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan
What else you need to know:
Ideal for all skin types, including sensitive skin.

Active Ingredients

-Willow Bark: Unclogs and purifies pores.
-Phellodendron Extract: Offers astringent properties and calming effects.
-Licorice Root: Calms and soothes.
-Geranium: Controls oil while repairing and strengthening skin.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors