Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Gluten-free Skincare for Sensitive Skin

For years, I have assumed that the bumps on my face were a form of acne related to my oily skin, but recently, I had a facial and the esthetician told me my skin was sensitive. She suggested I use Dermalogica products for my face, but their sensitive skin line contains oat bran. I've been eating gluten-free for a couple years, but I am just now noticing how skincare products containing gluten irritate my skin.

Lately, my skin has become super irritated, and my cheeks and chin are covered with bumps. It itches like crazy, but it's not red, like rosascia. Does anyone have any suggestions of a gluten-free regimen (cleanser, toner and moisturizer) that will help with the irritation? My skin is also super oily, especially in the summer, but that may be because I'm not getting enough moisture. Anything with salycilic acid really irriates my skin, too. Here are products I've used over the last six months, to no avail:

Philosophy Purity Facewash

Philosophy When Hope is Not Enough

Philosophy Hope Oil Free Moisterizer with SPF

DDF Ultra-lite Moisture Dew
DDF Moisture Dew

Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser for Combination/Oily Skin

Demalogica for Normal Skin (cleanser, toner and moisterizer)

Dermalogica for Acne Prone Skin (cleanser, acne cream and moisterizer)

Dr. Dennis Gross Foaming Face Wash

Tags:

Gah!  I'm going through the exact same thing - I'm curren...

Gah!  I'm going through the exact same thing - I'm currently using Bioderma and got samples of Dermalogica and La Roche Posay - still no avail.

I've been told none of these three are gluten free either. 

The problem is that even if a company says they are, do we truly know if they know the severity of a gluten intolerance and celiac?  Do they realize that if they make the products in a non-gluten free facility that the product has a high chance of being cross-contaminated and therefore not gluten free?  The only reliable test is to send their products to a lab to determine for sure, but a third-party if it is healthy.

For this reason I am wary about the list that Sephora has compiled (sorry I'm cynical...and tired of feeling sick and getting acne, redness, blisters, dark spots and open sores that take forever to heal on my face among other things!)....it seems to be a try and try again process and it is frustrating.

Otherwise, I just met an awesome chick online who tests glutenfree cosmetics (@glutenfreemakeupgal) for her blog - and she has a lot of suggestions - but they're all available online only.

Hi dreamofpemberly. I've compiled a list of gluten-free p...

Hi dreamofpemberly. I've compiled a list of gluten-free products in our Products thread (http://bit.ly/jCnVUc).  I hope this would be of great use to you when looking for a new skincare line and also makeup products. Smiley Wink Depending on your skin type alot of the Korres and SUPER by Dr. Perricone skincare products are highly effective and extremely gentle. 

Hope this helps! Smiley Wink

Re: Hi dreamofpemberly. I've compiled a list of gluten-free p...

Thanks! It looks like the only product that would really help is the Dr. Brandt prodcuts.
3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing